Carlos under pressure

I go to the boozer to  hopefully watch entertaining football,you know ,the big games that our press ram down our throats and rarely produce.

I go Hillsborough these days to watch Wednesday win ,I don't care how I'm happy,then I go back to the boozer to be shown great football,unfortunately I don't give a dam who wins cos all I'm bothered about is watching the Owls win,I've seen us lose so many over the years winning is now everything to me.

4 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

Having lived in Spain for ten years + and watched plenty of Spanish football in my time, there is a very good reason why the Spanish play a lot of slow, ball retention style of football and that is the very hot and humid weather conditions they have to endure out there. They can hardly play a quick tempo, fast closing down style can they ? They play a very efficient style of football and rely heavily on their ability to pass a ball accurately, have plenty of creativity in their sides and adopt a "thou shall not get past me" approach.. That's what brings them success imo. Technically its high class.

where abouts in spain? ...I lived in torrevieja 2006-2015...had a season ticket at torry and used to go watch elche,hercules and real Murcia as well .your right the football while highly technical even at the tercera level could be very tedious to watch .

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Carlos is under pressure but no more than any other manager.who would have thought Leicester manager would get sack .I really fear for him on Saturday leeds are no where near as talented as us but have pace and far stronger than us , they will also be well up for the game , I can't get to game and I will not watch it as it will make me sick if we lose  . I cant stand them but im not deluded like some They play to there strengths we clearly don't . A 5/10 performance like at Preston wigan forest will be nowhere near good enough ,we need to win midfield battle and stop sacko and Co getting crosses in for wood.that won't happen with hunt n pudil at full back . If Lees was fit and fox I'd say we could maybe get a good result .I hope the players are really fired up for this game .this game is massive .if we lose and then concede an early goal against Norwich it won't be a good atmosphere .i think we should take game to leeds and not sit back too much.most supporters know there football and can see where it's not right .all of us said we needed a bully in midfield and a commanding centre half in summer neither came and now we really need those missing 2 players what would have got us up. Who has confidence that Bannan in a midfield 2 against there much bigger 3 in midfield will be able to take game to them .I will be elated if we win but on what I've seen by us this season and seeing how they play also against us does not fill me with confidence.

jeez mate you want to lighten up a bit or you'll make yourself ill ,if your that down at being 6points clear in the play offs I wonder how you got thru the last 17 years .I don't know what tomorrow will bring but if we can win at Newcastle and hudders we certainly capable of getting something at leeds ......as for a "midfield bully" we have the best there is in the division in hutch why would we want another . 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Carlos is under pressure but no more than any other manager.who would have thought Leicester manager would get sack .I really fear for him on Saturday leeds are no where near as talented as us but have pace and far stronger than us , they will also be well up for the game , I can't get to game and I will not watch it as it will make me sick if we lose  . I cant stand them but im not deluded like some They play to there strengths we clearly don't . A 5/10 performance like at Preston wigan forest will be nowhere near good enough ,we need to win midfield battle and stop sacko and Co getting crosses in for wood.that won't happen with hunt n pudil at full back . If Lees was fit and fox I'd say we could maybe get a good result .I hope the players are really fired up for this game .this game is massive .if we lose and then concede an early goal against Norwich it won't be a good atmosphere .i think we should take game to leeds and not sit back too much.most supporters know there football and can see where it's not right .all of us said we needed a bully in midfield and a commanding centre half in summer neither came and now we really need those missing 2 players what would have got us up. Who has confidence that Bannan in a midfield 2 against there much bigger 3 in midfield will be able to take game to them .I will be elated if we win but on what I've seen by us this season and seeing how they play also against us does not fill me with confidence.

Agree with what you say, though I will watch the game on Sky. We miss Lees badly and, as you say, Pudil and Hunt have this season been mediocre defensively. Our only hope is go on the offensive.

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

I think as a rule the fans are behind the team ...I don't feel there's a negative vibe from the vast majority who go .

I think they are but IMO the issue here is that the fans feel the team could be playing better when you consider what has been spent and we have available.

There is that nagging feeling we are underperforming and it will be our undoing in the end.

We played with more freedom and purpose last season - it was great to watch.  This season has been the opposite for large parts and not great to watch.

CC's increasing stubbornness has been pretty frustrating too.

your right that it was great to watch last season and this season has been bloody awful viewing .......but I don't see us as underperforming to often(we have the odd bad game but which side doesn't)  its more to do with how we set up that is the problem with some fans .........carlos for some reason seems to me that he's got it in his head that every game is a potential minefield and sets up to nullify the opposites and that as we all know is why we arnt playing like we did last season .......he'll justify it by saying we are in a better place than last season and to be fair to him we are . 

I feel we are underperforming in relation to what we have at our disposal - Huddersfield over performing.

I think we at pretty much at the same level as last season, yet playing worse football - an odd situation that may say more about the league than us.

Obviously no one knows how it's going to pan out, but I don't feel the team is playing well enough to give me the confidence we can better last season's efforts.

HopeI am wrong and CC can squeeze us through somehow or other - we shall see.

I'm still puzzled that out style of play last season wasn't good enough to continue with this season.

after the first 10 games or so when the team where gelling our form must have been as good as any other.

Do we really need to play like this to have a sniff of winning a one off play off final game ?

Or could we win the playoffs by playing some football creating Rhodes with 3-4 good chances that hopefully he would convert 1 or 2.

He's right to feel pressure because he isn't getting enough out of his talented and expensive squad. 

Parking the bus in the first half is what lead to negativity and a defeat on Tuesday. Complete and utter stupidity to do that. 

As for players feeling the pressure. The likes of bannan and pudil are paid vast amounts , every fan has a right to expect more.

i still think we will make the play offs, but for the amount it costs and the amount the players are paid, we the fans have every right to moan when we are served guff like the Brentford 1st half 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 21:16, torryowl said:

where abouts in spain? ...I lived in torrevieja 2006-2015...had a season ticket at torry and used to go watch elche,hercules and real Murcia as well .your right the football while highly technical even at the tercera level could be very tedious to watch .

2000-2010 en un communidad de Monte Pego, circa Denia en Alicante.

I used to watch Pego and watched them play a couple of times against Torrevieja ( Torry Army) In the Third Division, but when Denia were promoted to the Second I used to watch them too. I went to the occasional game at The Old Mostella Ground to watch Valencia. I watched Valencia play once at Barcelona and had to pay about 100 euro for a second tier seat, behind the goal. Even the schoolboy levels were played at the same tempo, but still highly technical. You have to admire their football imo. They do not give that ball away easily. How far up the league have Torrevieja progressed. That club was renown all over Spain I think, for what they achieved.

8 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

2000-2010 en un communidad de Monte Pego, circa Denia en Alicante.

I used to watch Pego and watched them play a couple of times against Torrevieja ( Torry Army) In the Third Division, but when Denia were promoted to the Second I used to watch them too. I went to the occasional game at The Old Mostella Ground to watch Valencia. I watched Valencia play once at Barcelona and had to pay about 100 euro for a second tier seat, behind the goal. Even the schoolboy levels were played at the same tempo, but still highly technical. You have to admire their football imo. They do not give that ball away easily. How far up the league have Torrevieja progressed. That club was renown all over Spain I think, for what they achieved.

there was a falling out  between the brits & the locals in 2011over things financial and how the club was run and it all got very nasty with some Spanish yobs attacking the british chairman after a game   ,so most brits stopped going and attendances dropped from  the 2-3000 mark down to 500 .they have been in the tercera since 2004 but are second bottom and certs for relegation this season..

36 minutes ago, torryowl said:

there was a falling out  between the brits & the locals in 2011over things financial and how the club was run and it all got very nasty with some Spanish yobs attacking the british chairman after a game   ,so most brits stopped going and attendances dropped from  the 2-3000 mark down to 500 .they have been in the tercera since 2004 but are second bottom and certs for relegation this season..

Pity really, Torry. showed other Spanish clubs what away support meant. Pego used to get about 500 and I don't think they ever got relegated or promoted. Good times out there. I still managed to get to about 6 Wednesday games per season and it was those games that seemed dire to me. How times change in football. So Tory in your OT name comes from your time in Spain ?