Carlos under pressure

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I think as a rule the fans are behind the team ...I don't feel there's a negative vibe from the vast majority who go .

I agree, I think any moaning is just frustration at the way we are playing, when we have fantastic attacking options. This was highlighted against Brentford, instead of looking to contain them, we should have been at them from the off, and the failure to do that resulted in us losing the game. (Ok the ref. didn't help either)

As far as I'm concerned Barry Bannan, needs to be rested, he's not at his best right now, and I mean that with the utmost respect to him, he has been great for us, but his form has dipped. The team can't keep taking that hit and keep winning.....

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

May which point in the last 4 or 5 months have our results been inconsisten?

Infact you could argue we've been pretty consistent since CC came in

Inconsistent was probably the wrong choice of words. And id agree most results have been consistent. However right now were clinging onto the last playoff spot when we could and should be doing better with our squad. 

38 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think they has been that much negativity from the stands. Yes odd moan and groan when something happens on the pitch some fans get frustrated by nothing I would say out of the ordinary. Atmosphere has been a bit quiet and flat at times combination of modern football fans and the style of football we play.

Players are paid an obscene amount of money and with that come an expectation to perform. If you want sympathy off me for players getting paid £40k a week and getting criticised then you have come to the wrong place.

That is not the issue though is it.

Whether they are being well paid or not , the issue is whether criticism and negativity from the fan base , if there is any,helps the players or not. Are we more likely to get promoted if there is a negative feeling in the ground.

I think we all know the answer to that. If people want to be critical that is obviously up to them but don't expect that to help the team perform better 

Spot on Big Jack,we have been pants for twenty years.New regime in last season and an outstanding turn around in fortunes,we over achieved last season,but it was nowhere near as good a division as it is this season.

We have strengthened ,but so has everyone else,we are chugging along nicely ,could be better ,could be worse but you have got to remember most clubs in this league end up losing over 10 games and still are considered a success at the end of the season.

Sometimes on a match day you can lose ,but still feel better because the results have actually gone in your favour ,I sure Mr Chansiri and Carlos are well aware this is going to be a big ask,there will be plenty of twist and turns before the end of the season.

Love the comment on the post further up,.......any half decent manager could...........yep mate,bit early for alcohol. 

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

That is not the issue though is it.

Whether they are being well paid or not , the issue is whether criticism and negativity from the fan base , if there is any,helps the players or not. Are we more likely to get promoted if there is a negative feeling in the ground.

I think we all know the answer to that. If people want to be critical that is obviously up to them but don't expect that to help the team perform better 

Is the criticism that bad from the stands? It is no worse then it used to be in the past. Some players then used to use it as a motivation to stick it back to those that were having a go.

Before Tuesday CC asked for the fans support.

He got that from the off, but that waned when the team did what they've been doing for months at home and put in a poor performance. Many of the players were throwing their arms around and point at each other. When, in one particular moment of indifference, an aimless ball was launch to their keeper, Bannan who looked like he was getting frustrated, sprinted at their full back and across to the keeper and the crowd applauded this fruitless but seemingly passionate display of energy.

CC needs to understand the English fan psyche in that half the battle is getting the players to show some determination and belief. We had little of that in the first half and if it wasn't for the ref's display, things aimed at him and the players before half time could have been worse.

1 hour ago, marshy said:

Only my opinion but any half decent manager should be able to get results on a consistent basis with the squad of players he has available to him. One of the best in the championship when they're allowed to play without the shackles on. 

So to conclude you think he's a half decent manager?

2 hours ago, theflyingowl said:

Carlos has come out and said he's had to talk to two 'top performers' who have been subject to criticism from the stands. I'm assuming one is bannan not sure who the other would be. Reach? 

Hes also said its his job to be positive and fight the virus 'negativity'.

One thing is for certain, the fans, including me being overly critical and negative is not going to push us over the line into the playoffs. Let's be positive and get behind the manager and Bannan etc instead of knocking them. 

I admit CC isn't getting the best out of the players and we've not played well but we are getting results. A new manager could get us playing better but there's not guarantee and it could go the other way. Look at Birmingham. 

Lets get behind the team and manager and see what the season brings. We're looking good for the playoffs and they won't be as difficult this year. We're on our way. 

UTO 

Can you tell us from where you have these "quotes" please ?

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

some fans ....i'd bet if we did a poll most would say we'll make the play offs .

I don't disagree with you I think we will make the play offs, I'm just saying his negative tactics can cause negatively among fans.

Similar to the Gray era, we were so boring and any fan could have fell asleep watching it and it brought negativity with fans with some saying they are not going because its that boring.

I think the higher increase of season ticket apart from price obviously, is we did well last season but played exciting attacking footy which at times was a joy to watch, can't say that this season.

I'm not also referring to just Wednesday I think any fan of any club want attacking exciting football.

Man city v Monaco was a good example of footy and excitement. 

Tbh some continental football is about keeping possession no matter where on the field its like a gane of chess at times and I think Carlos trying to install it here. 

It maybe where football is heading and Carlos maybe a few years in front of us and it could be a master stroke. But by god it's boring at times.

Carlos doesn't help himself with his tactics and making players look worse than they are.

The football we are playing isn't exciting, quality-wise it's been poor. I just hope that before the play-offs (if we are still in there come May) we play as a team that does excite me again.

He's had support from the top down to the attendances we've been getting.

He must deliver and get the best out of the squad we’ve got. It’s about mentality and that stems from the manager. To clarify, I’m not in the “Carlos out” camp. If he does well I’ll praise him and if he doesn’t I’ll criticise.

As proved with Ranieri yesterday, his job isn't safe.

6 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

I don't disagree with you I think we will make the play offs, I'm just saying his negative tactics can cause negatively among fans.

Similar to the Gray era, we were so boring and any fan could have fell asleep watching it and it brought negativity with fans with some saying they are not going because its that boring.

I think the higher increase of season ticket apart from price obviously, is we did well last season but played exciting attacking footy which at times was a joy to watch, can't say that this season.

I'm not also referring to just Wednesday I think any fan of any club want attacking exciting football.

Man city v Monaco was a good example of footy and excitement. 

Tbh some continental football is about keeping possession no matter where on the field its like a gane of chess at times and I think Carlos trying to install it here. 

It maybe where football is heading and Carlos maybe a few years in front of us and it could be a master stroke. But by god it's boring at times.

I think your right ,it's all about keeping possession and it's not good to watch .....I find watching the Spanish national side extremely tedious but it's hard to argue against it when it brings the success they have had .