Carlos under pressure

Carlos has come out and said he's had to talk to two 'top performers' who have been subject to criticism from the stands. I'm assuming one is bannan not sure who the other would be. Reach? 

Hes also said its his job to be positive and fight the virus 'negativity'.

One thing is for certain, the fans, including me being overly critical and negative is not going to push us over the line into the playoffs. Let's be positive and get behind the manager and Bannan etc instead of knocking them. 

I admit CC isn't getting the best out of the players and we've not played well but we are getting results. A new manager could get us playing better but there's not guarantee and it could go the other way. Look at Birmingham. 

Lets get behind the team and manager and see what the season brings. We're looking good for the playoffs and they won't be as difficult this year. We're on our way. 

UTO 

Edited by theflyingowl

12 minutes ago, theflyingowl said:

I admit CC isn't getting the best out of the players

Why isn't he getting the best out of the players? Why isn't it that the players are under performing and letting us down? 

Dare I say if Fletcher didn't hit the bar and Sasso scored in front of an open goal, you wouldn't have posted this?

Please tell me though if you know what Carlos could have done differently to get more out of these players so that they hit the target!

Edited by Carbone

I don't think they has been that much negativity from the stands. Yes odd moan and groan when something happens on the pitch some fans get frustrated by nothing I would say out of the ordinary. Atmosphere has been a bit quiet and flat at times combination of modern football fans and the style of football we play.

Players are paid an obscene amount of money and with that come an expectation to perform. If you want sympathy off me for players getting paid £40k a week and getting criticised then you have come to the wrong place.

I think pressure is affecting Carlos and his decision making, What he perhaps doesn't fully appreciate is that us fans are not stupid, we have sat through enough dross to recognise bobbar football when we see it and recognise there is  little evolution in our style of play in terms of imposing ourselves on opposites, bearing in mind our level last season and significant investment in playing squad. 

Let's face it 3 points Saturday could see us almost guaranteed a play off spot, would much rather we go and dominate teams and attack to build up some form than retain this negative slow tempo, grinding out results style, which is only effective for so long.

All managers are under pressure, and whatever happens this season we are still a working progress. DC is here for the long haul and I am convinced he will make us a force to compete in the premier league. There is so much to be excited about , the club has a great future.

Why is cc letting negativity get to him more now? We are still doing fine he just needs that little extra bit of magic now to finish off the season 

Tomorrow is a big game and both teams will be feeling it what makes a great manager/head coach is how he gets his players ready for it 

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Copthorneowl

For Carlos to say this in public means it's bothering him. So far he's been very fulsome in his praise for "our special fans" it's a difficult one because fans are only getting frustrated with a player  for underperforming over a period not a one off.  Let's hope he has a bit of a reshuffle and creates more attacking intent.

The fact that he himself very recently admitted BB was not at the right level proves the point some are making,  nevertheless I think we've got to get behind whoever plays and I also think we do. Perhaps Carlos is feeling a little pressurised to change the personnel when he really doesn't want to. 

Personally I love the guy but feel he's got to give chances to others such as CM to show a bit of confidence in them.

Does anybody know the current status of Lees and Hooper who are key to our run in imo.

Just now, stocksyuto said:

Why is cc letting negativity get to him more now?

Coming to the end of 2 seasons here, and although things have improved in his time here, he's been hugely backed and is expected to deliver.

Last season was a free shot and he did a very decent job, but I think he knows he will live or die by where we are at the end of this season

Wouldn't be normal if he didn't feel pressure.

1 minute ago, marshy said:

Only my opinion but any half decent manager should be able to get results on a consistent basis with the squad of players he has available to him. One of the best in the championship when they're allowed to play without the shackles on. 

May which point in the last 4 or 5 months have our results been inconsisten?

Infact you could argue we've been pretty consistent since CC came in