Sasso vs Wood

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Didnt Sasso score 2 bullit headers recently? He is pretty useful going forward with the ball as well. Considering he has only played a few games he is doing ok.

This really is rediculous logic.

Would you start a striker who hadn't scored in 10 because he cleared two chances off our line?

17 minutes ago, just visiting said:

We lost Wood to injury for three games and won all three, 4-1, 1-0 & 2-1. Who scored 7 goals whilst he was out if we are a one man team?

Dunno mate. Was it the same guy that scored the winner when you won the Champions League?

Guest RocketOwl
23 minutes ago, just visiting said:

We lost Wood to injury for three games and won all three, 4-1, 1-0 & 2-1. Who scored 7 goals whilst he was out if we are a one man team?

Doukara would be your joint second highest scorer so far this season and he's been playing out of position on the wing.

Two centre backs, Jansonn and Bartley have 7 goals between them.

I hope CC adds your comments to his team talk. 

If Owlstalk was doing CC team talk we would be playing Non League Football.

You are not a one man team at all and as you say when Wood was out or rested you were still on a good run.

If Monk knows his stuff he will just plonk Wood on Sasso and play long up to Wood all afternoon and it's probably game over.

Whixh is why I hope Hutchinson plays at back or Lees is back.

Guest Lostondisplay
16 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Doukara would be your joint second highest scorer so far this season and he's been playing out of position on the wing.

Two centre backs, Jansonn and Bartley have 7 goals between them.

I hope CC adds your comments to his team talk. 

45 championship goals for Leeds, Wood scored 19, 42.2% of total goals.

Next down as you say is Doukara, he's scored 5, 11.9% of total goals. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/top-scorers

Maybe only threat is overly harsh, but without him you'd certainly struggle, as would any team.

4 minutes ago, Lostondisplay said:

45 championship goals for Leeds, Wood scored 19, 42.2% of total goals.

Next down as you say is Doukara, he's scored 5, 11.9% of total goals. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/top-scorers

Maybe only threat is overly harsh, but without him you'd certainly struggle, as would any team.

Your presuming something when the stats say otherwise. Like i said, we lost Wood to injury for three games and won them scoring seven. Had we lost all three and failed to score in two of them, you'd probably be right.

Wood has been fantastic but he's benefited from a lot of good service from the players around him.

15 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

If Owlstalk was doing CC team talk we would be playing Non League Football.

You are not a one man team at all and as you say when Wood was out or rested you were still on a good run.

If Monk knows his stuff he will just plonk Wood on Sasso and play long up to Wood all afternoon and it's probably game over.

Whixh is why I hope Hutchinson plays at back or Lees is back.

I think Hernandez may be on the bench and Monk will go for pace and play Doukara, Roofe and Sacko as the three behind Wood, supporting his hold up play.

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

REALLY need Lees back.  Rather a 80 percent fit Tom than Sasso vs Wood

Don't be stupid. If he's not good enough to play for Leeds then he's not good enough to play against them. Wood and....that other one, whatshisname, would murder him.

And then we definitely might as well forget about automatic promotion this season 

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Didnt Sasso score 2 bullit headers recently? He is pretty useful going forward with the ball as well. Considering he has only played a few games he is doing ok.

Thats why I said he is weak in the air when it comes to defending. There is a big difference between attacking the ball aerially and in defence. If you look at his stats his loses the majority of battles in the air I believe.

Like I said I do like him. And yes he has done ok. But against Wood I do worry, though I hope to be proven wrong 

Nothing much said about our goal threat , its equal if not better than theirs and definitely

we are far stronger in depth , Just visiting can big up his pace players etc. lets see

how their defenders get on eh if Fessi is on his game should be fun !!! did I mention

Jordan Rhodes too ??

By the sounds of it Leeds should be 20 points clear and walking this league ,

yes they are decent but Cardiff coped ok the other week and Ipswich battered them

by all accounts , just saying we are up there with them for a very valid reason . I

worry about their strengths but we have players to hurt them also should be good

44 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

By the sounds of it Leeds should be 20 points clear and walking this league ,

yes they are decent but Cardiff coped ok the other week and Ipswich battered them

by all accounts , just saying we are up there with them for a very valid reason . I

worry about their strengths but we have players to hurt them also should be good

Paper thin squad that's absolutely nullified by a bit of some defensive grind.