what my Villa mate said about Bannan.

Last year when I was lauding him about how good Bannan was and how they must have been mad to get rid of him, he said wait til next year when he starts believing his own publicity and thinking he's a cross between scholes and gerrard and not accepting responsibility for mistakes. Hate to say it but he was right, I've noticed him blaming anyone but himself and Reach appears to be his main target he was up to it again last night. I'm afraid he needs to have a rest with Wallace and get the new blood in. Otherwise what was the point of buying Abdi and loaning MacManaman?

I didn't follow Wednesday matters quite so closely last season as I do this season so can anyone tell me did Bannan regularly win player of the month awards last season because he hasn't even been close once this season. I know he got in the championship team of the year. Can't imagine he'll come close to that either. I know he's won a couple of MOM awards from Sky (Norwich and Wigan) this season.

There's certainly something to be said (IMO) for the believing his own hype. 

His decision making (at times) has been really poor this season. 

Making the wrong pass, shooting when he should pass, passing when he should shoot. 

Remember one instance against Brighton at home where he took it upon himself to kick the ball over his head into the center circle (because that's going to work!?) 

He was crap last night and rightfully taken off. In saying that if he does have a problem with his ego, then I very much doubt him seemingly being un-droppable is going to stop that. 

Last night, first half in particular, none of our team seemed capable of making the most basic of passes. We were giving the ball away cheaply all over the place, not just Bannan.

Whenever we got a throw in we threw it directly to them more often than to one of our own people. Throw ins in our defensive third were being thrown to Brentford ( I know we don't have anyone who can take a long throw, so how come we can throw it all the way to Brentford.) when Westwood was available and could start a new attack. Instead we were back defending again.

By contrast it seemed that every Brentford pass found its mark. Or was that just a perception.

Having said all that I fully expected us to be beaten last night but expect us to have success against Leeds and Norwich.

C'mon you Owls!!!

11 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Last year when I was lauding him about how good Bannan was and how they must have been mad to get rid of him, he said wait til next year when he starts believing his own publicity and thinking he's a cross between scholes and gerrard and not accepting responsibility for mistakes. Hate to say it but he was right, I've noticed him blaming anyone but himself and Reach appears to be his main target he was up to it again last night. I'm afraid he needs to have a rest with Wallace and get the new blood in. Otherwise what was the point of buying Abdi and loaning MacManaman?

Spot on. I've said that if CC persists in fielding Bannan and Wallace it will cost us a play-off place; the former hasn't delivered this season and - aside from a handful of assists and goals - the latter has been ineffectual - his inability to take on defenders and tackle back is embarrassing. But for CC and some supporters, these two are sacred cows, and I suppose one of the great things about the game is how we can reach diametrically opposite views about things!

21 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

It's been noticed that Bannan rarely passes to Reach.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There's certainly something to be said (IMO) for the believing his own hype. 

His decision making (at times) has been really poor this season. 

Making the wrong pass, shooting when he should pass, passing when he should shoot. 

Remember one instance against Brighton at home where he took it upon himself to kick the ball over his head into the center circle (because that's going to work!?) 

He was crap last night and rightfully taken off. In saying that if he does have a problem with his ego, then I very much doubt him seemingly being un-droppable is going to stop that. 

So you think Bannan is useless!

One loss, after 4 wins, and you're calling our players useless.

9 minutes ago, Doctor John said:

Spot on. I've said that if CC persists in fielding Bannan and Wallace it will cost us a play-off place; the former hasn't delivered this season and - aside from a handful of assists and goals - the latter has been ineffectual - his inability to take on defenders and tackle back is embarrassing. But for CC and some supporters, these two are sacred cows, and I suppose one of the great things about the game is how we can reach diametrically opposite views about things!

They certainly aren't sacred cows for me.

Mcmannaman should be given go instead of Wallace. 

And Abdi should have been in line to take over from Bannan. 

However,  it looked like Abdi got injured again, which is frustrating. Because there are no alternatives unless Carlos is prepared to bring McGugan out of exile. 

Edited by Bodhidharma

First cross macmanan did last night was quality. Puts the like of Liam palmers crossing to shame. If we had started with macmanan instead of bazza we wouldn't have lost last night. Abdi was hit and miss as was hutch. Both still my centre mid partnership come Saturday 

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

VULTURES CIRCLING AGAIN AFTER A DEFEAT !

I get your point but my point it can you tell me five games out of 30 odd we have 1. Played well, 2. Played the passing game of last year instead of pass across the back then hoof, 3. Bazza has played well in?

at the start of the season I slated lee and bazza partnership, wanted them both dropped. Then lee stepped his game up and bazza still hasn't

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

So you think Bannan is useless!

One loss, after 4 wins, and you're calling our players useless.

You really are a sensitive soul at times. 

You make a point of singling out players/managers time and time again. 

Since last night's defeat you've basically called for CC's head (if we don't get promoted) and declared that Loovens isn't good enough. 

Previously you've slated Hooper and started or contributed to 900 plus threads about Nuhiu. 

Don't try and compare me criticising Bannan to your sustained, endless campaign of negativity. 

I don't think that at all, he's a good player at this level. He does tend to sit a bit deep these days and perhaps he's been asked to play in a position he's not most effective in. Also forward players tend to be a bit static so if he plays a ball forward and loses possession the fans boo him and that's not helping anyone. I seen him shout and point at players to move into a better position but they rarely do. What the OP is doing is scapegoating and let's face it, if it wasn't Bannan it would be somebody else. Some people are never satisfied 

When we signed him, a Villa fan told me he often thinks he's a lot better than he is and will eventually be trying 'impossible' passes every game, thinking he's Xavi.

Having said that, I think overall he has been great for us.

Edited by Carbone

This is all preposterous hindsight fookwhittery isn't it?...Why didn't all this "Villa" mate stuff come out before Bannan had a dip in form...?...baffling eh?

All of a sudden every f.ooker has a Villa mate who told them EXACTLY what was going to happen?...absolute sheeite

Edited by asteener1867