Excuses

This is not a dig at Carlos in any way because regardless of last nights results and recent performances we are so much better than we have been for a long, long time BUT, I wish he would give over with the excuses about playing more often than out opponents. We didn't look tired in the second half when chasing the game did we? If a professional footballer on £30K a week can't put two 2 hour shifts in a week then they need to look at themselves. We were poor first half, along with the worst ref I've seen at S6 for some time. We need to start playing from the first minute not the 46th.

Rant over

I did wonder whether "fatigue" would play its part last night, but then I figured with the form we'd be in the players would be well up for making it 5 in a row. 

Simple fact is you've got to deal with this in the Football League. Games come thick and fast and there's very little time to rest and pat yourself on the back. 

In fairness if they were tired, then it might have served them well to keep the ball a bit better in the first half. Can't help if you are constantly having chase around because you keep giving it away. 

Guest RocketOwl

Don't like this excuse that we played more.

He had a very fresh Callum Mcmanaman on the bench, who I think is easily one of the best players outside the Prem. If we are tired why is he not starting him? Why is he not bringing him on sooner?

Winnall also came on and looked quite good and sharp. He could have started him. Palmer came in who was fresh. We have plenty of options in our squad if tiredness is an issue for us - it's not it's an excuse as the OP says.

I think we've got past  the stage where we can keep saying "look at where we were 3 years ago " when we are judging performances. The investment in players ( not all good imo ) means as fans we are entitled to expect better on the pitch. Clearly the tactics are inept and imo we've had a lot of luck this season, late goals and a few streaky wins , Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan to name a few have papered over the cracks for me . I've been to 8 home games and can honestly say I haven't been massively impressed with any performances, result aside.I don't think DC will tolerate the season drifting away. 

That's my point we are 6 th , not playing well at all , we have the best squad, we've had huge slices of luck this far . We should be pushing top 2 not 6 th and it's down to poor management. No point sacking him now I agree but we won't get promoted playing as we are so imo the summer will be the end for CC

The problem on focussing on the fact that other teams have rested whilst we've had to play is that it creates a negative tone before a ball is kicked. It might also encourage opponents. Last night Huddersfield, a team that plays a pressing game and plays with a lot of energy, played a team that rested at the weekend and are a top six team to boot. Result Huddersfield, in spite of their battling 0-0 draw with a PL team at the weekend, won 1-0. I'll bet Wagner wasn't stressing the lack of rest time before the encounter. We have a much larger and more expensive squad than Huddersfield, so no excuse IMO. 

Carlos had us playing the best football we have seen last season, even if we don't get promotion and as long as we finish top 6 I would keep him next season.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for - we could bring someone else in and it could go backwards, while ever we are there or there abouts stick with CC.

We had 4 strikers on yesterday at one point - sometimes I think its the players who are being overly negative which isn't his fault (although he should be managing that).

Id'e like to bet most other Championship clubs would love to bring in Carlos.

Edited by Spookone

CC overplays this excuse. Every team has 46 games to play and not all teams have the size or quality in depth we have in our squad. If he keeps on telling his players they will tire then that's how they will feel. He needs to stop moaning and just get on with it, like others do.

Two things that Carlos say's are a complete nonsense. The first is the players won't perform aswell if they have to play two games in four days. The second half energy proves that is complete and utter crap. Besides, its a joke to believe that a pro footballer can't play two games in four days without it affecting his performance. The second is that the crowd can help the olayers. That is also nonsense. A pro footballer isn't affected by the crowd one iota, whether they boo or cheer. Sure, its better when a crowd cheers abd supports, but it doesn't affect performances on the pitch. That is down to the manager and the players. I sometimes feel an awful lot of BS comes from Carlos about a number of issues he touches on. 

I think Portugal winning the Euros playing anti-football was a bad thing for us. Gave CC the impetus to alter the style. 

The problem with playing a shitola style just to get results is that when you don't get a result there are hardly any redeeming features to the game at all.