Loovens

I know that Loovens has  the Owlstalk Clappers Protected Player Status. Awarded at the June 2015 committee meeting, I think.

But last night must have convinced even the most stubborn. He's been a good servant, but we need better at season end. He is just far far to slow at everything. It effects our whole play.

Hopefully will get a hero's send of at Wembley. But has to be replaced at season end. A season too late IMO.

He's marshalled the defence incredibly well this year and last. The entire backline looks way more composed and aware with him in the team.

We know he's not the speediest but he never was, it's not his game - he relies on instinctive positioning and reading of the game to be where he needs to be, and 90% of the time he is.

Don't see him having any sort of 'protected' status, a run of poor performances would see him questioned just like anyone. He just hardly ever has a bad run.

Had a poor game last night admittedly, but I honestly can't remember his last notably below par performance for us.

Very consistent on the whole, and still a hugely important part of both Lees' and Sasso's game. It's a yes from me, certainly for this year.

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Did you go to Forest?

Here we go the OCPPS kicks in.

I haven't said I hate the guy, his ancreators & offspring.

I haven't said he a horrid player whose played gash.

I will say, he's not a top 2 centre back, not close IMO.

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Here we go the OCPPS kicks in.

I haven't said I hate the guy, his ancreators & offspring.

I haven't said he a horrid player whose played gash.

I will say, he's not a top 2 centre back, not close IMO.

You like labelling posters don't you? 

Which imaginary made up Owlstalk faction have you placed yourself in?

Perhaps just try to simply make your point.

Edited by F. Spiksley

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

You like labelling posters don't you? 

Which imaginary made up Owlstalk faction have you placed yourself in?

I would like to hear yours & others suggestions, but for it would have to be: the knowledgeable, wise, & rarely wrong faction (KWRW).

Only the best posters get in this. I would black ball you every time, so don't bother applying.

Lees apart our whole defense needs an overhaul for next season. Massive upgrade on loovens needed with him becoming backup. 

A beast of a CB who can pick out at pass and offer offensive set piece problems eg Maguire 

Both FB positions are our weak point this season too 

Edited by modboy

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Lees apart our whole defense needs an overhaul for next season. Massive upgrade on loovens needed with him becoming backup. 

A beast of a CB who can pick out at pass and offer offensive set piece problems eg Maguire 

Both FB positions are our week point this season too 

Yep, money needs spending at CB, in the summer.

25 minutes ago, siggi jonsson said:

Think we have other things to worry about like terrible Sasso 

Not saying Sasso is top 2, but he can dribble with the ball, which moves us up the field, commits the opposites, creating space for our mids.

Our slow lethargic starts come from Loovens, IMO.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Excellent???

All season???

Overall yes. We haven't got anyone who's been perfect all season - doubt any team has.

we improved massively in performance and results as soon as he came back in the team.