Round pegs in round holes

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It's wrong to blame Bannan. Would have been the same if Abdi played left wing.

Carlos has an obsession with playing narrow with 3 CMs and it's just awful.

Correct it is wrong to blame Bannan. I am probably harsh on him but for me he is overrated in his own position never mind out wide (we also arent in the Laws, Sturrock etc era where we had no choice to play players out of position) . We have the likes of Mcmanaman on the bench, for me its wholly unacceptable to be that tactically naive.

Its right that Abdi would have been as poor there but thats really not the issue. The blame lies fully with Carlos 

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Correct it is wrong to blame Bannan. I am probably harsh on him but for me he is overrated in his own position never mind out wide (we also arent in the Laws, Sturrock etc era where we had no choice to play players out of position) . We have the likes of Mcmanaman on the bench, for me its wholly unacceptable to be that tactically naive.

Its right that Abdi would have been as poor there but thats really not the issue. The blame lies fully with Carlos 

This season Bannan's performances in CM have ranged from 6/10 to 9/10. We don't have a great deal of competition for his role either, with Lee out, Jones a CDM, and Abdi often injured.

As a LW Bannan is 3/10 to 7/10 this season. And we have four fit players who are better out wide than he is; FF, Wallace, Reach, Macca.

Its nothing to do with favourites imo, just Carlos having an obsession with playing a tight first half. 

We we struggle so badly to put poor sides away at home, and we have done since February since he started this 3 CM approach.

I think our 2 best players are the conundrum we all want to play a more attacking style with 2 wingers and 2 central midfielders that arnt over ran by the opposites .abdi and bannan would be very lightweight in the centre together so you need hutch as one of them but hutch's strength is a defensive one in front of the back four which would leave the other central midfielder very isolated ......what do you do with FF ?play him up front with Rhodes is an option but if we have 2 wingers putting in centre's he's not really the bloke you want in the middle to nod em home and while Rhodes is decent in the air he's not exactly dominant .we could have FF on the wing but he's another who when he plays out there who like to come inside and use his right foot ala the goal last night which is fine but everyone seems to want our wingers to get to the byline and FF doesn't seem to want or be able to do that .

23 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Careful, you're not allowed to talk sense! 

Fully agree with this, unfortunatley there are times where you have to question his tactics. It's almost like he's playing Fifa and just shoving his favourite players into a team hoping for the best. 

To not start a fit Macmanaman in this league, yet shove a centre mid out wide (who hasn't been playing to his best) is completely beyond me. In some ways I think he's almost too much quality than he knows what to do with. 

He's stuck in his ways and unfortunatley it'll be his downfall if he doesn't change. 

Carlos - Keep It Simple Stupid. 

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Careful, you're not allowed to talk sense! 

Fully agree with this, unfortunatley there are times where you have to question his tactics. It's almost like he's playing Fifa and just shoving his favourite players into a team hoping for the best. 

To not start a fit Macmanaman in this league, yet shove a centre mid out wide (who hasn't been playing to his best) is completely beyond me. In some ways I think he's almost too much quality than he knows what to do with. 

He's stuck in his ways and unfortunatley it'll be his downfall if he doesn't change. 

Carlos - Keep It Simple Stupid. 

And you are calling CC stupid...Jesus h christ

Guest Grez Bez
9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And you are calling CC stupid...Jesus h christ

KISS is a very common business term,  Keep It Simple Stupid. 

Pretty sure thats not an insult

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

I think our 2 best players are the conundrum we all want to play a more attacking style with 2 wingers and 2 central midfielders that arnt over ran by the opposites .abdi and bannan would be very lightweight in the centre together so you need hutch as one of them but hutch's strength is a defensive one in front of the back four which would leave the other central midfielder very isolated ......what do you do with FF ?play him up front with Rhodes is an option but if we have 2 wingers putting in centre's he's not really the bloke you want in the middle to nod em home and while Rhodes is decent in the air he's not exactly dominant .we could have FF on the wing but he's another who when he plays out there who like to come inside and use his right foot ala the goal last night which is fine but everyone seems to want our wingers to get to the byline and FF doesn't seem to want or be able to do that .

FF has played 20% of his time wide, and scored 50% of his goals there

Him playing there allows Rhodes a full-on strike partner. 

Him I'm playing there means we don't put Bannan left.

Seems so obvious to me.

13 hours ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Macmanaman to start on the wing against leeds.

STOP playing BB on the wing, it is killing us  arrrggh!!

Drop him unless AA is injured.

I thought Carlos had stop with this unbalanced midfield with either Bannan or Abdi on the wing, but it was back last night. you cant shoehorn three central midfielders into a 4-4-2 , it dosnt work. 

13 hours ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Macmanaman to start on the wing against leeds.

STOP playing BB on the wing, it is killing us  arrrggh!!

Drop him unless AA is injured.

Agree with all your points..

Be a big shame if Abdi is injured. Was really excited about I'm returning to action.