Rhodes the target man

Lumping hopeful balls up to the most clinical striker in the football league WTF is all that about? It's criminal that we should be aloud to sign such a prestigous striker and not build the team around him, CC needs to look at this and stop shoehorning players into the team such as Bannan and Wallace who are never going to provide consistent and quality service into the strikers but it just adds to the frustration when you have a striker that just so happens to be Jordan Rhodes in there. We're using the same tactics that an overachieving average championship squad would (brum under rowett for example) except we're much much better than this and putting on a lacklustre display against an average Brentford team at home with placeless wingers and no outlet from midfield whilst having the likes of McManaman on the bench is as baffling as it is frustrating 

Rhodes, Hooper, FF, Winnall and Fletcher are all capable of scoring goals consistently in this league but that's not the case and it's a f*****g joke if I'm honest

Let's be fair, in every game he's played for us so far he's not been very good has he.

For his last 3 appearances he's moved like a tin man 

Lack of service?? Possibly-but in my opinion he looks way off match sharpness more than anything else, which is understandable 

However needs to improve dramatically 

36 minutes ago, torres said:

Let's be fair, in every game he's played for us so far he's not been very good has he.

Lack of service?? Possibly-but in my opinion he looks way off match sharpness more than anything else, which is understandable 

This is the down side of Jordan Rhodes, if he doesn't score, he's a passenger. Thankfully, at this level, he usually scores, but I think he'll struggle in our set up. Winnall has already gone from a goal every other game at Barnsley, to about one in six here. Our tactics mean that we are a bit of a graveyard for strikers

Agree torres , last night 1st half  ,their front 2 harried our backline as we tried to move it in our usual pedestrian way . Our front 2 backed off , didnt put them under pressure and allowed them to play out ,probably under C C direction . Even big Dave puts himself around a bit more than Rhodes does at the moment .

7 minutes ago, torres said:

Needs to be played with a close co-striker. Boro, Udders and Blackburn fans will tell you this after watching him in hundreds of games in which he scored shedloads.

Or, we can leave him isolated, in which case he won't be worth playing, like Karanka quickly concluded.

However, Leeds are one of his owned teams. Hopefully I will be shown to be wrong on Saturday when he walks off with the match all.

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Lumping hopeful balls up to the most clinical striker in the football league WTF is all that about? It's criminal that we should be aloud to sign such a prestigous striker and not build the team around him, CC needs to look at this and stop shoehorning players into the team such as Bannan and Wallace who are never going to provide consistent and quality service into the strikers but it just adds to the frustration when you have a striker that just so happens to be Jordan Rhodes in there. We're using the same tactics that an overachieving average championship squad would (brum under rowett for example) except we're much much better than this and putting on a lacklustre display against an average Brentford team at home with placeless wingers and no outlet from midfield whilst having the likes of McManaman on the bench is as baffling as it is frustrating 

Rhodes, Hooper, FF, Winnall and Fletcher are all capable of scoring goals consistently in this league but that's not the case and it's a f*****g joke if I'm honest

Agree. Why sign wide men like buckley, mcmanaman, wallace, reach (most expensive left back ever), emanuelson (whatever that signing was) and the  sign forwards like rhodes, hooper and winnall who like crosses to play a narrow game. At least play a 433 if we are going to play narrow. A bit bemusing to be honest.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is the down side of Jordan Rhodes, if he doesn't score, he's a passenger. Thankfully, at this level, he usually scores, but I think he'll struggle in our set up. Winnall has already gone from a goal every other game at Barnsley, to about one in six here. Our tactics mean that we are a bit of a graveyard for strikers

Interesting choice of words. I was only thinking this morning we are a graveyard for strikers.

When my teenage daughter tried growing plants in her room on her windowsill, we called it Death Row. Bit like our striker berth.

1 minute ago, stevewhiterose said:

To be fair these guys do all need a bit of service and from what I saw last night, Mcmanaman looked the one player capable of providing it. He looks a real old fashioned singer who can actually beat a man.Unlike Reach and Wallace. He has to start on Saturday surely.

Callum McManamam sings Songs from the Sixties.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Interesting choice of words. I was only thinking this morning we are a graveyard for strikers.

When my teenage daughter tried growing plants in her room on her windowsill, we called it Death Row. Bit like our striker berth.

We seem to have more quality strikers than ever at our club now. 3 or 4 years ago we coildnt get one for love nor money. Yet we seem to be creating less and less chances and scoring less and less goals. Jut goes to show its not the strikers but the way we play. How many managers would like the strikeforce we have? In fact its not just strikers. We havr attacking quality all over the pitch yet its like watching paint dry. Leeds will beat us at the weekend and we wont win the playoffs unless we change our style. But we wont. I fancy Huddersfeld myself. Less resources but playing well.

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yep, our tactics meant that our players who see most of the ball are our keeper & centre backs.