Forestieri Penalty Appeal

I haven't seen it in tv yet so I stand to be corrected but how on earth did the referee not give him a penalty in the first half?

It looked an absolute stonewaller- as blatant a penalty as you will ever see. FF deliberately cut in front of their defender to draw the foul, the defender duly obliged and took him out without getting anywhere near the ball.

I was genuinely amazed when he didn't give it.

The marking for their second goal was abysmal but the ref was the only person in the whole ground who thought that was a corner. It was so blatant it was embarrassing.

I don't often comment on refs but seeing such blatant errors is actually pretty rare.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I haven't seen it in tv yet so I stand to be corrected but how on earth did the referee not give him a penalty in the first half?

It looked an absolute stonewaller- as blatant a penalty as you will ever see. FF deliberately cut in front of their defender to draw the foul, the defender duly obliged and took him out without getting anywhere near the ball.

I was genuinely amazed when he didn't give it.

The marking for their second goal was abysmal but the ref was the only person in the whole ground who thought that was a corner. It was so blatant it was embarrassing.

I don't often comment on refs but seeing such blatant errors is actually pretty rare.

STFU...eye wttnesses don't count... lol   yes stonewall pen

Edited by daveyboy66

Guest The Horse

Video replays would've won us that game tonight.
But we don't need it - we'd much rather lose games and have talking points instead, right?

I would love to see video replays - but just kept to two challenges per team per game.
Managers would save it for major contentions that way and the game flows.

But we'd have had a penalty and it would've been a different game - needs bringing in when there's so much at stake these days.

Don't need to see it again. Stonewall.

But even more so given the free kicks he'd already given for much less contact between players.

We haven't had a ref as bad for a while, so it was probably due.

Only ourselves to blame for feeling sorry for ourselves. The ref didn't score for them. Although did give them a free kick ironically for a similar foul to the Forestieri penalty one.

Had a good view of it from the north. It did look like Fernando leaned in to their player, but they are given every day of the week, that referee was one of, if not the worst I've seen all season. 

For him not give that, but then give the foul building up to their goal is absolutely sickening, he shouldn't ref another game again.