Tonight's ref

It was terrible inconsistent refereeing. If it isn't a pen in his opinion - OK,  how he can then justify the fk in the middle of the park that lead to their goal? Poor defending or not, he is partially responsible for us going behind.

What frustrates me most is that Carlos will get a fine for pointing it out how bad he was; the referee will not need to justify his decisions and will still get paid. They must make clear their reasons to fans. After all, we are the customers that are paying.

I'm sorry but he was awful, worst of the season so far. The penalty, the foul that lead to the free kick of their first goal, the foul on Sasso for their 2nd, A blatant foul on Reach not given, Fernando being booked, a blatant foul on Sasso not given in the 2nd half. That only scratches the surface. If you didn't think he was anything less that dreadful you are either a Brentford fan or a fool.

Three big decisions called wrong.

Fernando mowed down with a JCB.

Free kick went against us wrongly in an aerial challenge and we concede a far post looping header (OK not one of our defenders were set)

Corner given when it should have been a free kick for a foul on Sasso. (OK not one of our defenders were set)

Second half all our strikers missed sitters but Forestieri and MacManaman were magnificent, Abdi tired a little but is a welcome asset.

It will happen occasionally but people should seriously refrain from counting points before we have them on the board.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Not cheating, but commonsense. If a ref has any doubt, and sees its a player like FF, he doesn't give it. Same story as when he got sent off at Hull and Preston. You reap what you sow and all that. FF is a diver, and has been since he turned up here, and it sometimes goes against him and us. 

Shame really, because like on Saturday, I thought he was excellent tonight. 

Really? I can honestly say I've not seen Fernando dive whilst he's been with us. 

The Ref was more than likely cheating rather than just p1$$ poor. 

else all these bad decisions would have been 50/50.

His performance was a stain on the beautiful game is what it was. 

Im not a ref, but if he wasnt cheating, im a better ref than him. 

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

The worrying thing is I don't disagree with that but what does that say about the way our game is going?

3 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

A Ref is incompetent if he gives errors to both opponents. If it's one way then summats not reyt

Any one defending that Ref loses all respect from me! He was dreadful it was a pen and a red card, he didn't miss the Hutch one against Bristol C at home.

he slowed the game at every chance he failed to spot a million niggly fouls our way but spotted everyone there's and as for any comments about FF being earmarked that's Discriminatory and should result in any referee sacking, they should call it as they see it not how there mate saw it on MOTD 3 months ago!

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Referee was a disgrace first half, no excuse for free headers though 

he didn't have much chance to influence second half, except for winnall getting poleaxed and not giving a penalty. 

Job done in the first half, once he had alienated the fans, which I believe he did on purpose as a wind up, there was only going to be one result. The fans had a go at him, put pressure on the team rather than get behind them and that's when the play start getting scrappy. Still 2 soft goals we conceded from set pieces though ... again

9 hours ago, vulva said:

Wasn't actually that bad, but he bore the frustration of 25,000 fans who were watching another abject home performance. The FF penalty is one of those decisions that goes against FF because of his reputation for diving. Guess what, refs talk to each other, and they will have certain players cards marked. FF falls firmly into that category. 

Played well 2nd half, and that game could easily have finished 3-3. 

Thought Sasso and Abdi played well, with FF our MOTM.

Best player on the pitch, by a country mile, was Jota. I'd also be interested in taking Egan next summer as well. 

Why do people say "his reputation for diving" I've not witnessed this whilst playing for Wednesday. He gets kicked to flip, and on Saturday could of easily gone down against Nottingham forest when shoved in the back just before shooting. Being a referee seems to be the only profession where you're constantly aloud to make blatant mistakes.

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, Half time Bovril said:

Why do people say "his reputation for diving" I've not witnessed this whilst playing for Wednesday. He gets kicked to flip, and on Saturday could of easily gone down against Nottingham forest when shoved in the back just before shooting. Being a referee seems to be the only profession where you're constantly aloud to make blatant mistakes.

Agree, occasionally last season he went down a little easily but he's hardly unique in that respect. This season, he's almost made the extra effort to stay on his feet to prove any doubters wrong

9 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Were you complaining the officials were equally a big a joke against Blackburn.

Anyone who thinks the ref cost us that game and wearing blue and white specs. We deserved to be st least 2-0 down and only have ourselves to blame 

Correct. Well apart from the fact we probably wouldn't have been 2 down if we had been awarded the penalty. 

He was bast@rd inept which he proved quite a few times but non as spectacular as when he marched their wall back 10 yards, then then wouldn't move so he sprayed a curved line in front of where they were stood.

Abysmal and really shouldn't be let near a parks pitch never mind professional football.

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

No fair comment but last night we deserved to lose and the best team won. Before we start pointing the finger at the ref we need to look at the real reasons we lost. 

Again this makes me laugh.

They were the better team? Honestly?

Stats show we were clearly the better side.

It was a clear penalty and had it been given and we go 1-0 up that completely changes the whole dynamic of the game. It was the pivotal moment of the game. To compound matters a free kick leading to the first goal was dubious at best and the second goal came from a corner that was clearly a goal kick. Give any side a 2-0 lead at any level and they are going to have a chance. Would Brentford have come out more at 1-0 down? Would they have time wasted at 1-0 down?

Any shortcomings of our own afterwards were indirectly as a consequence of a v v poor ref.

If Brentford were worthy winners last night then we may as not even bother.