Poll: Man of the Match vs Brentford...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Brentford  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Brentford?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Reach
    • Hutchinson
    • Abdi
    • Bannan
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Winnall
    • McManaman
    • Fletcher

15 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Can't for the life of me understand why Palmer got 6 votes, he was less than impressive. 

that's what i'm saying the marks don't mean anything if we all have a different marking system ...palmer's 6  using my way would be an above average performance but to the guy who gave him 6 it could mean he was below ......if we all had the same benchmark figure for average then we'd know what fans really thought

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's what i'm saying the marks don't mean anything if we all have a different marking system ...palmer's 6  using my way would be an above average performance but to the guy who gave him 6 it could mean he was below ......if we all had the same benchmark figure for average then we'd know what fans really thought

Its also the case that if we get a last minute win, fours become sevens etc

My ratings for what they are worth. 

Westwood-4 - awful positioning for The first. Statue for the second. 

Kicking was appalling. Off day for him

Palmer - 2 - woeful display, lost the ball time and time again. Crossing under no pressure was terrible. The young debutant for bees ran him ragged. 

Loovens -5- casual Glenn. Lost his man a fee times and passing was poor. 

Sasso - 5 - as above. Went forward at least. Could and probably should have scored. 

Reach- 4 - 8000 LB at the club and we play a winger at there. 

Needs to live up to at least some of his price tag. Doesn't do enough. 

Wallace - 3 - anonymous man. Did nothing. Corners weren't great. 

Hutch- 5 - tried to drive us but passed to Westwood too much as per. Did okay defensively. 

Abdi - 6- thought he did what he did well but didn't do enough. Should be running the show but was a spectator for large parts. 

Bannan - 3 - shouldn't be played on left but that doesn't excuse his terrible passing last night. 5 metre passes were going straight out of play! Correct to take him off. Offered nothing and left reach exposed. 

Forestieri- 8 - he just kept going and going. Colossus in the 2nd half. Everything good went through him. Sweetly taken goal. Could have had a hatrick on another day. 

Rhodes - 5 - didn't do enough for me, rarely won a header and didn't link up with nando. Passenger for this game although unlucky with his flick header. 

1 goal in 5 is worrying for 10 million.  

Winnall - 5 - did nothing but one good hook shot. Played far too deep almost like a DM at times! 

Fletcher - 4 - changed nothing, rarely won a header and missed a sitter from 1 metre out. Had to score for me. 

Macca - 7 - quick, tricky and direct. Made them worry and made a impact. Should be given more of a chance. 

Carlos - 4 - team balance all off. If your sticking with abdi then you have to drop bazza simple as. Or drop vinny sass and play hutch at back. This shoe Horning players in has to stop. 

Lack of pace is an issue for me. We sit back yet can't counter as we're too slow! 

Second half was a improvement on 1st but still a poor performance overall. 

Need a big lift for Leeds game.

Westwood  5

Palmer  7

Loovens 5

Sasso 5

Reach 6

Wallace 3

Abdi 6

Hutch 6

Bannan 4

FF 7

Rhodes 6

Macca 7

Fletch 4

Winnall 6

I counted about half a dozen outstanding crosses from Palmer, yet he puts 1 bad one in near the end and all hell breaks loose. On another day Rhodes would have scored 5, it will come.

Wallace a complete waste of a shirt yet again - what is the point of him?

Guest Copthorneowl

Unfortunately only listened on player so can't vote.

Wow every post (100%) that's given a vote has made FF the mom. Clearly a lot of his 'never forgive' constant detractors have decided not to bother posting at all in this thread and steered well away waiting for another day!!!!

Hugely disappointing result suppose these slow ultra cautious starts were eventually going to catch up with us. Glad to see many agreeing tha CM has to get a start. Unfortunately as we're away CC will look to counterattack and catch them on the break as at Toon and Brighton so we may have a line up many of us wouldn't prefer to see.

Think we need to avoid defeat at Leeds so draw will not the end of the world but my feeling is Leeds will be under pressure to beat us and if we can silence their fans early they could wobble to defeat quite easily. Hope so.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

McManaman seemed involved in everything after he came on.  From highlights, it seems we battered them but just couldn't score!

Westwood - 5 - Not his best night, could have done better with the first header. Kicking was wayward particularly when Fletcher came on and he seemed to be constantly blasting it towards Forestieri.

Palmer - 3 - Simply does not seem to have the attitude to be a professional footballer at this level. Never looks like he cares a bit about the outcome of the game.

Loovens - 7 - Good game, made some good tackles in first half particularly.

Sasso - 6 - Not bad. Helps to break the monotony of passes between CBs and keeper when he runs the ball out.

Reach - 5 - Didn't effect the game as he would have hoped and once or twice struggled to deal with the right winger. Not a terrible performance, just nothing special.

Bannan - 3 - Wayward passing and gave Reach no outlet up the line. So many times he needed to make the run forward and he'd just tuck in inside.

Hutchinson - 6 - Decent game but nothing special. Agree with whoever suggested he might be carrying a knock as his form has dipped slightly recently.

Abdi - 8 - Distribution good, held on to the ball fantastically with his quick turns and excellent first touch. Has done enough to oust Bannan from the centre of midfield in these past two games.

Wallace - 4 - Offered little.

Rhodes - 4 - Had a tough game. It's not his fault, the way we played last night we would have been better playing Nuhiu

Forestieri - 8 - Back to his best

Winnall - 5 - Didn't do much but played out of position so can;t complain too much.

Fletcher - 5 - Missed a good chance and didn't do a lot else

McManaman - 8 - Excellent. A masterclass in wide play, beating opponents and delivering. This guy is exactly what we lack, but his knibs knows best. It'll be Wallace/Bannan/Reach again on Saturday... and no-one but Carlos will ever know why 

The manager - 3 - Has got to start taking responsibility for these terrible starts to games and baffling team selections. I'm tired of pathetic excuses. We went into the game yesterday as clearly the better side. Why on earth do we then basically play four center midfielders and play keep ball on the edge of our box? I've said it before, our squad should be producing so much more than it is, and that is only one man's fault.

Referee - 0 - Completely lost control in the 1st half

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

big discrepancy in some of the marks given ........I use 5 as a benchmark for an average performance be interested what some others use looking at the high marks they scored in what was a pretty poor performance by the side as whole  

I didn't go so obviously won't be dishing out ratings but I tend to have my average rating as 6 - in assessing it I basically start every player in the team up on a 6 and see what they do to push it up or down. Maybe that just shows me as a glass half full type but I see 6 as an average performance, 5 as more mediocre.

Apparently L'equipe, which is the main football paper in France, gives average performances a 4 so we're all pretty generous in comparison.

Westwood - 6 - Kicking suffered because of the wind, possibly at fault for the 1st goal, but made a few half decent stops

Palmer - 4 - Waste of space. Lazy. Can't defend. Horrendous delivery. 

Loovens - 6 - On first looked, seemed at fault for the 2nd goal.

Sasso - 7 - Aside from Forestieri, the only player to show any positivity in the 1st half. Another good display.

Reach - 5 - Need more from him. Seems to be playing within himself. Whether that's from the manager or it's an issue with he himself, I don't know.

Hutchinson - 6 - Once again, the issue tactically in the 1st half. Defends far too deep, puts too much workload on Abdi, hence why we were chasing shadows in the 1st half. Played ten yards further forward in the 2nd half, and we bossed it.

Abdi - 6 - Struggled to get to grips with the midfield in the 1st half, but dictated things well in the 2nd half. I assume he was taken off due to injury.

Wallace - 6 - In the first half, actually showed quality on the few occasions we threatened. Can't for the life of me understand why we pushed him into central midfield in the 2nd half. 

Bannan - 5- Totally ineffective, yet again. Enough is enough now. Either play him in a midfield three, or not at all. No more square pegs in round holes.

Forestieri - 9 - Infectious work rate in the first half (not infectious enough though obviously!), but couldn't press on his own. Unbelievable in the 2nd half. Inventive, unpredictable. Brilliant.

Rhodes - 5 - Our concerns over Rhodes are becoming realised. Unless we start been positive, create chances and stop hoofing it up to him, he'll continue to be ineffective.

Winnall - 5 - No effect on the game, but not helped by bizarrely been moved into midfield!

McManaman - 8 - Well we know why he hasn't been picked of late...far too positive. Committed the full back, got balls in the box, played like a proper winger. Must get a run of games.

Another dire, pedestrian, ponderous first half where we got what we deserved. The 2nd half doesn't hide that first half display, only serves to emphasise how dreadfully negative we have been all year. 

Westwood 5 can't kick for toffee

palmer 2 awful

reach 2 awful,not seen him make a tackle yet

loovebs 4 their striker murdered him all game

sasso 3 all over the shop

bannan 2 awful

wallace 3 terrible

abdi 6 just about ok

hutch 6 not his best game

FF 7 our best player

rhodes 4 invisible

subs

mcnanaman 7 got to start Saturday 

winnall 6 did ok

47 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

How was Rhodes ineffective?^^^

He missed a hat-trick of chances in the 1st half alone?

2 of which were laid on a plate by the "lazy waste of space" Palmer.

If Rhodes keeps getting in those positions he will score loads - there was plenty of service into him last night.

I can remember two chances...

One of which was a backwards header, and the other a shot blocked by the defender...

Hardly call any of them a clear cut chance. And the Expected Goals stats reflect that.

Westwood 7 - as is getting too regular, kept us in it with some excellent saves

Palmer 6 - thought he went ok, worked well with wallace, didnt do anything wrong

Loovens 7 - he frustrates me with his lacksadaisical passing, but he made some important blocks

sasso 7 - very classy, but still making gaffes. Actually wants to take us forward, reminds me of a better paddy collins

Reach 6 - when he gets forward, he creates nightmares for the opposition. But too eager to get forward, not as interested in defending

Wallace 6 - his workrate was good, but we just dont get him the ball in areas he can be dangerous

Bannan 6 - tried his best but clearly, at 2 down, CC had to make a change somewhere

Abdi 7 - classy and composed, shouldnt have been brought off IMO

Hutchinson 7 - Brentford didnt really go through midfield, and it bypassed the best bit of his game really. 

Forestieri 9 - lad is premiership class. If we dont get there soon, he will.

Rhodes 6 - hes dangerous in the box, but when we arent getting the ball in there, he is largely anonymous

Mcmanaman 5 - waste of a sub, and we lost our shape when he came on. Not impressed with him so far.

Fletcher 5 - should have scored. doesnt work hard enough, gets knocked off it too easy

Winnall 6 - need to start with him more. Offers more movement, but again couldnt work out what position he was supposed to be playing