Why oh why

Guest samowl

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Did your guide dog tell you to say that?

I'm clearly missing some absolutely amazing performances from Rhodes so far then.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

How do goals from the past help Sheffield Wednesday chap?

Shall we get Hirsty back?

Rhodes has been on the decline for a while. He played well for Blackburn because they played a big man in Gueatde with him. We don't.

I can't even attempt to reason with you. EVERY GOAL SCORED is in the past my friend if you want to play that game. How does that help? I can't work out if your being serious or just thick as pig bobbar or an actual pig? Why aren't you out slating Sasso tonight? 

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Rhodes has been on the decline for a while. He played well for Blackburn because they played a big man in Gueatde with him. We don't.

WTF

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I can't even attempt to reason with you. EVERY GOAL SCORED is in the past my friend if you want to play that game. How does that help? I can't work out if your being serious or just thick as pig bobbar or an actual pig? Why aren't you out slating Sasso tonight? 

How does Rhodes amazing record at Blackburn effect Now for us?

Sasso played ok tonight no issues there.

How does Rhodes amazing record at Blackburn effect Now for us?

Sasso played ok tonight no issues there.

If you find time to get out of your own little bubble where that world makes no flipping sense whatsoever, you would actually realize how flipping stupid you appear to be. You rave about a man that is hardly ever fit as being a better player than someone who has banged in the amount of goals Rhodes has. It just shows what little sense you make. Anyway I'm not going to drag this on, come back to me when you have some wool on your back and can man up and admit when you are being a total turd.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, WayneTheOwl said:

If you find time to get out of your own little bubble where that world makes no flipping sense whatsoever, you would actually realize how flipping stupid you appear to be. You rave about a man that is hardly ever fit as being a better player than someone who has banged in the amount of goals Rhodes has. It just shows what little sense you make. Anyway I'm not going to drag this on, come back to me when you have some wool on your back and can man up and admit when you are being a total turd.

You need to relax chap.

its a football forum for opinions. You rate Rhodes and I'm saying so far he's been poor for us.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

You need to relax chap.

its a football forum for opinions. You rate Rhodes and I'm saying so far he's been poor for us.

Sorry pal but when you have the balls to suggest I am an armchair fan without knowing a tiny bit about me, you have got my back up and will do everytime I see one of your mad posts from now on.To put it in perspective, Rhodes has won 80% of games played for SWFC. Not a bad record really. Have a word with the wingers and midfielders who are in the side to supply him with chances. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, dani_armo said:

In 5 games we haven't created him 1 chance where u think go on then show us why we're paying 10 million for you

On the other hand he has created a few chances for others with his flick ons etc

Doesn't seem to effect Fernando.

Guest RocketOwl

Sorry pal but when you have the balls to suggest I am an armchair fan without knowing a tiny bit about me, you have got my back up and will do everytime I see one of your mad posts from now on.To put it in perspective, Rhodes has won 80% of games played for SWFC. Not a bad record really. Have a word with the wingers and midfielders who are in the side to supply him with chances. 

I can only presume if anyone is satisfied with Rhodes thus far they don't go.

Apolohies on this occasion I was incorrect. Hopefully he bangs a few in on Sat.

Edited by RocketOwl

I can only presume if anyone is satisfied with Rhodes thus far they don't go.

Apolohies on this occasion I was incorrect. Hopefully he bangs a few in on Sat.

I am not particularly satisfied with any of the performances of late. What I see in Rhodes in his first 2 games he assisted one and scored 1. You also have to see how much focus the defenders of the opposition pay to him and the space it creates for others in doing so. He has had 3/4 chances in 5 games. His record goes before him. Feed him and he will score. Simple. Maybe as well giving him a partner to build a relationship will help and wingers also. Settle the main attacking 4, let all 4 get an understanding. Stop rotating the key parts to a side. Stop playing central midfielders on wings. 5 games in, he's done alright. Not sparkling but he has not had a bad game yet.

Guest RocketOwl

I am not particularly satisfied with any of the performances of late. What I see in Rhodes in his first 2 games he assisted one and scored 1. You also have to see how much focus the defenders of the opposition pay to him and the space it creates for others in doing so. He has had 3/4 chances in 5 games. His record goes before him. Feed him and he will score. Simple. Maybe as well giving him a partner to build a relationship will help and wingers also. Settle the main attacking 4, let all 4 get an understanding. Stop rotating the key parts to a side. Stop playing central midfielders on wings. 5 games in, he's done alright. Not sparkling but he has not had a bad game yet.

I agree with most of that. I can't knock Rhodes for what he's done previously. I was just expecting a little more from him then what I've seen so far.

I agree with most of that. I can't knock Rhodes for what he's done previously. I was just expecting a little more from him then what I've seen so far.

Rhodes it not an issue and will only be an asset this season and seasons to come. Rhodes barely had a sniff tonight, the chances fell to the wrong players.

Personally for me, I would love to see Hooper/Rhodes just as much as I would love to see Winnall/Rhodes. Whatever it is, FF should not be involved in the front 2, he is more effective out wide and roaming. Sadly I fear whilst Carlos is in charge this is not something we will see regularly. 

Guest RocketOwl

Rhodes it not an issue and will only be an asset this season and seasons to come. Rhodes barely had a sniff tonight, the chances fell to the wrong players.

Personally for me, I would love to see Hooper/Rhodes just as much as I would love to see Winnall/Rhodes. Whatever it is, FF should not be involved in the front 2, he is more effective out wide and roaming. Sadly I fear whilst Carlos is in charge this is not something we will see regularly. 

Unfortunately I disagree with you again there. Fernando is our best striker so I prefer him there, especially like you say when our strikers don't get many chances. I would rather have Fernando up there as he can't create his own chances and space and press.

Away from home Fenrnado has to start up front as proven at Fulham, Wolves, Huddersfield and Forest. At home I can see an argument for him on the left especially when Hooper is fit to play with Rhodes. 

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Unfortunately I disagree with you again there. Fernando is our best striker so I prefer him there, especially like you say when our strikers don't get many chances. I would rather have Fernando up there as he can't create his own chances and space and press.

Away from home Fenrnado has to start up front as proven at Fulham, Wolves, Huddersfield and Forest. At home I can see an argument for him on the left especially when Hooper is fit to play with Rhodes. 

The problem you get with FF up front is it isolates the remaining striker (whoever it is, not just Rhodes). FF cannot be a striker as he loves to be involved in the game too much, loves running out wide (as per the goal tonight and many others). FF needs a free roll and being out wide gives him that (although the issue is tracking back defensively). Strikers need an understanding together and having FF as one of them is far too unpredictable for the other.

40 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Don't agree that Rhodes has been on the decline, but I do agree he plays better with a big strike partner. Rhodes needs the ball knocking down and holding up for him. Not the other way round.