Excellent second half...

Screw the first half. 

We won that second half 1-0, and it should have been 3-0 or 4-0. Mcmanaman and Nando were superb, as was their keeper. FF even went over and applauded him at the end of the game. 

Let's take the positives and move on. We go to Leeds looking for 3 points having hopefully learned a lesson or two tonight. 

Yep, take it on the chin, learn from the mistakes and positives. And for once start a game like we finish games. Need a positive reaction, the Leeds game will be massive and we'll need to battle and give it our all. We gave it everything in the second half and it wasn't enough but hopefully we'll get other days when it goes right for us and starting games more positively will give us a better chance of doing that. We're still in a good position but need to sharpen up, start games better and make some big decisions with the formation, tactics or line up.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

If tonight has shown anything it is that you can't afford to   stand off teams and let them get a foot hold from the outset.

Why wait until we are two goals down before we try to win the game? Why not be aggressive and positive from the start. I know, I know it's not the foreign way but this is the English Championship for crying out loud.

The second half simply highlights tonight is 3 points lost. With a more positive approach and players playing in positions they are comfortable in we would have won tonight.

Edited by GMOwl72

26 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Screw the first half. 

We won that second half 1-0, and it should have been 3-0 or 4-0. Mcmanaman and Nando were superb, as was their keeper. FF even went over and applauded him at the end of the game. 

Let's take the positives and move on. We go to Leeds looking for 3 points having hopefully learned a lesson or two tonight. 

You really need Carlos to take the positives though! He hasn't so far this season. 

Just now, Greengrass said:

Frustrating.....we will learn from it

Sadly, I don't think we will. 

Carlos has his method and that's it. We're not going to change now. 

Tonight has cheesed me off more than any other performance. That second half showed what we really are capable of given the freedom,  but it was forced upon us because of the dog sh it mess we got ourselves in to with that first half performance. 

No,your not going to dominate games for 90 mins like that second half, but I'm pretty sure that playing with tempo and putting teams on the back foot would see us not going in 2-0 down at half time in games like tonight 

It's the changes that did it, moving FF left and chucking Macca on was a good move, I don't understand why we don't start games with pace and tempo.

We would blow some teams away in the first 45.

Bannan and Wallace are too slow to play wide, its got to be one or the other with pace on the other side.

Brentford are a very very ordinary championship side. We approached the game as though they were Real Madrid...Crazy I know, especially because we have done the exact same quite often this season. Just don't get it. Why are we trying to contain known ordinary run of the mill sides?

I accept we may come unstuck occasionally but I'm not convinced we would have less points overall if we adopted a much more positive game plan.