Are you satisfied

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

I wish I didn't have to post negative stuff, but the football we are playing is draining on me. I thought we would finish in the op 6, which looks likely, but I can't believe how far we are behind the top two, after what we have spent.

There's so much more in that squad of players it's unreal. 

6 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Lose Saturday and Norwich beat Ipswich we go into the game against them a week later 4 points clear, lose that and the pressure is on big time, we missed a great chance tonight to more the pressure onto other teams, Brentford have won once in 7 games.

Or it could go the other way and the disappointing result serves as a wake up call and we get a positive reaction? Even if results do go against us in the next couple of games, we'll still be in the mix for top six and there'll be more twists and turns to come. The boot was on the other foot for a change, in previous games we out battled the opposites, rode our luck and were saved by our keeper or defence. Take it on the chin, learn from it and hopefully get it right enough times in the remainder of the season. Though starting games like that second half would help, what happens will happen but it beats struggling to survive at this level, hopefully we'll stiol have an exciting end to the season.

14 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Lose Saturday and Norwich beat Ipswich we go into the game against them a week later 4 points clear, lose that and the pressure is on big time, we missed a great chance tonight to more the pressure onto other teams, Brentford have won once in 7 games.

Alternatively,win on saturday and we are as "we were " 7 points clear going into the game a week later,win that and the pressure is off big time.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Or it could go the other way and the disappointing result serves as a wake up call and we get a positive reaction? Even if results do go against us in the next couple of games, we'll still be in the mix for top six and there'll be more twists and turns to come. The boot was on the other foot for a change, in previous games we out battled the opposites, rode our luck and were saved by our keeper or defence. Take it on the chin, learn from it and hopefully get it right enough times in the remainder of the season. Though starting games like that second half would help, what happens will happen but it beats struggling to survive at this level, hopefully we'll stiol have an exciting end to the season.

unless there is a big improvement in performances we will not make the top 6, we will not continue to win games playing as bad as we have done.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Alternatively,win on saturday and we are as "we were " 7 points clear going into the game a week later,win that and the pressure is off big time.

You seriously believe we will beat Leeds and Norwich playing like that?

14 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Yep, plenty of ifs and maybes in your post but I would have taken being sixth in the table and seven points clear of the nearest rival at this stage of the season so, yes, I am satisfied. I would also be satisfied if the table finished as it is now. I would fancy our chances in play-offs made up of Huddersfield, Reading, Leeds and ourselves. I know things can't be taken for granted, especially in sudden death situations like play-offs, but that group of teams sound about as good as we could expect and better than Brighton, Hull, & Derby as last season.

Hope the I saw this coming brigade made a nice packet at the bookies.  Any side is going to lose in the next weeks I can see Chelsea losing in the next few weeks.

Tonight Brentford, especially in the first half, played very well passing the ball around crisply and effectively.  Plenty of running off the ball and making themselves available.

Yes, we were frustrating poor passing and no real tempo.

Second half we upped the tempo and put them on the backfoot.  With a combination of poor finishing, last minute defending and an inspired goalkeeping display we might well have snatched a draw.

In any game both teams will have chances, tonight Brentford took there's and we failed to do so.  

CC put an attacking formation out tonight and it should have been strong enough to win.  But no game is guaranteed we must regroup and go again. 

That's football.

Just now, Kameron said:

unless there is a big improvement in performances we will not make the top 6, we will not continue to win games playing as bad as we have done.

I understand what you're saying, I'd like to see us go at teams more. That said the negative football, battling and defence as gotten us into a good position. Hopefully we'll sharpen up or do just enough to remain in the top six. It's football, I'm sure there'll be other nights things go right or wrong for us, still time for plenty more twists and turns. We could make it easier for ourselves sometimes by being more attacking or by killing teams off more but we're still in the mix and hopefully we'll get it right in the remainder of this season or next season. I'm still hopeful about our chances this season but it won't be easy that's for certain.

21 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

I wish I didn't have to post negative stuff, but the football we are playing is draining on me. I thought we would finish in the op 6, which looks likely, but I can't believe how far we are behind the top two, after what we have spent.

You didn't go on Saturday then?

With the season overall I'm nearly satisfied.  But we should be aiming to be moving forward, not sitting in 6th place.  With the squad improvements I'd have expected us to be in 3rd/4th.  As for tonight I'm a little bit fuming.  Carlos has done an excellent job.  But, tactically, tonight he was all over the place.  Why Bannan is playing wide left is beyond me.  I understand he's trying to push the full backs on so naturally Bannan and Wallace are told to tuck in.  However, as soon as anyone presses us, it just pushes us into a back 5, with exposed fullbacks.  We are crying out for width, as soon as we went 4-4-2, things got a bit better.  I'm afraid he lost the plot in the end.  I know we were chasing the game, but not having a central midfielder (Hutch had dropped in to make a three most of the time) and having everyone playing free roles in front of him just meant we were open to getting ripped apart on the counter.  We were unlucky at times, but I'd argue they should have easily killed us off, cos for ten mins we had no system at all.  I'm starting to worry that he's become obsessed with a system that can easily change between a back four, and a back three.  Hutch seems to spend nearly as much time at center half as he does in the holding role.  Way too much space between him and his midfield partner most of the time.  We've become very predictable too.  Few passes at the back, short ball into midfield, then out to the fullback...by which point the opponents are pressing us.  Without Keiran Lee we don't have those short little triangles happening anymore.  That's how we bypassed opponents midfields last season, we draw them in and then quickly moved the ball past them.  Way too slow in the build up now.  For the record I'd play 4-3-3.  When Fit, Westwood, Then Palmer/Hunt, Lees Loovens and probably Fox at the mo across the back.  Then Hutch holding in midfield, but ten yards further forward in posession.  Then Kieren Lee, or Bannan, Abdi in front.  Forestieri on one wing, Macca/Reach/Wallace on the other (With one actually playing like a winger to nullify opponents fullback pressing. Fernando can do what he wants. Then Rhodes up top.  Gotta play further up the pitch at home.  

59 minutes ago, Kameron said:

if we lose this one,then that one, then the other one. No shiit mate lol