This has been coming for a while

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We will make the playoffs. However, this result has been coming though as we have had some right luck this season, especially recently.

I hope this result brings a change in our tactics from a very defensive pragmatic approach to a more fluent attacking philosophy from the first minute. We need to trust our abundance of quality players we have at our disposal.

Look how Huddersfield are playing without spending a fraction of what we've spent!

Dont get your hopes up - CC is going to stick with this come what may and we'll have to hope and pray it's enough.

If we played like Huddersfield with this squad are we'd be romping away in this league..

It's so aggravating 

the result is a wake up call - we were dreadful in the first half and paid dearly. We have played the same in many games in first half this season but managed to keep a clean sheet so the damage was limited.

We have to change the tactics or we could suffer the same.

The way we played in the second half shows to me that Carlos has the ability to fire the players up. What I can't work out for the life of me is why he cannot seem to do it from the off. By not recognising that our luck will run out (like it did today) and going for it in the first half so we're not playing catch up in the second, we've ended up loosing a very winnable game. I've said for a few weeks now that we needed McManaman from the start to inject some pace in midfield to create proper chances for Winnall and Rhodes, not the long ball scraps they're getting at the moment. McManaman came on after 64 minutes and gave us another dimension. 64 minutes too late. Either he's shagging Carlos's misus or he wasn't his signing and is trying to make a point, because why he's not starting I'll never know!

29 minutes ago, Owlthekop said:

The way we played in the second half shows to me that Carlos has the ability to fire the players up. What I can't work out for the life of me is why he cannot seem to do it from the off. By not recognising that our luck will run out (like it did today) and going for it in the first half so we're not playing catch up in the second, we've ended up loosing a very winnable game. I've said for a few weeks now that we needed McManaman from the start to inject some pace in midfield to create proper chances for Winnall and Rhodes, not the long ball scraps they're getting at the moment. McManaman came on after 64 minutes and gave us another dimension. 64 minutes too late. Either he's shagging Carlos's misus or he wasn't his signing and is trying to make a point, because why he's not starting I'll never know!

Why can we all see it but one man can't or won't 

Guest The Horse

I don't get the first half thing.
I'm resigned to it but I don't get it.
We have a ridiculously talented squad and the equivalent firepower up front of two Death Stars and / or a Super Star Destroyer. (One for the Star Wars fans.)
We could blow most other teams out of the water by half time then rest players / take it easy in the second.
But for whatever reason - the frustrating thing for many - is that we just don't attack in the first half and seem to revel in making life difficult for ourselves.
I just want to know why.