We really are a different club

Ian

53 minutes ago, shandya1971 said:

My dad's had a free season ticket for the last 7 years.

He is 87 and the club have certainly looked after him since they introduced the scheme for the over-80s a while back.

It would be interesting to know how many still benefit from this?

Similar at the sty as long as you're accompanied by your parents

Has anybody who has had amazing service from staff at the club written to highlight it to the powers that be? Too often the the only feedback companies get about their staff is when something's gone wrong. Time to redress the balance methinks...just a thought.

3 hours ago, Ian said:

You will all know that I've had many many issues over the years with Sheffield Wednesday, from the major issues with Dave Allen to the lesser, almost comical ones with the club shop.

And whilst I'm sure all is not perfect there really is a change in attitude and a "we will help if we can" thinking from all I come in to contact with these days.

My mum and dad are in and approaching their 80's and have always been season ticket holders but recently match day for my mum has gone from being what she looked forward to to something she made herself ill thinking about...whether this be the continual cold night matches in winter, having a long walk from the car to the ground and more recently the number of steps she had to climb to get to her seat in the South Stand.

A combination of Tim Barlow and Katie Johnson at the club have this week sorted a number of things out for her, with a minimum of fuss, that means tonight for the first time she is looking forward to the match day experience and not dreading the start and end

And I don't think this is a one off....its an attitude I see more and more at Hillsborough and its contagious.

Well done Sheffield Wednesday

What does your Mum think of Nuhiu?

4 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Good to hear.

Reading the OP has opened my eyes a litte. We need some decent parking around Hillsborough especially for the older generation, luckily your folks have been looked after. I don't mind a bit of a walk (I'm mid 40s) but on a cold Tuesday night for older folks the current situation is not on. 

spot on mate ....i'm midish 60s and that walk up Halifax road to the car is a fecking killer especially when I cant exit on to leppings lane from the grandstand due to the chance of crushing from 200 Birmingham fans exiting at the same time  and have to walk right round the ground ....

It's great to hear when the club do something well

We all remember some of the horror stories from the recent past

The club suing supporters is a real low point in our history

It's almost as though certain people were trying to run the club out of business

Thankfully those days are gone, and good times are back

I just wish something could be done to entice the thousands of supporters back who we've lost over the years for one reason or another

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, shandya1971 said:

My dad's had a free season ticket for the last 7 years.

He is 87 and the club have certainly looked after him since they introduced the scheme for the over-80s a while back.

It would be interesting to know how many still benefit from this?

I thought the club had stopped this,great news if it still goes on.

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can only echo what the OP has said. I deal with the club on a few issues, and they are brilliant. 

That said, I thought the free season tickets for over 80's had stopped?

I think you are correct Vulva. Pretty sure my father who will be 80 in time for next season asked that question of the club a few weeks ago and was told the scheme had ended.

I would also agree with the other posters parking and walking to the ground for the 'older' ones is something that we seem to forget.

9 hours ago, zzmdu said:

What does your Mum think of Nuhiu?

She thinks he's a lovely lad who always tries his best.....unlike that Rhodes bloke who she didn't want to sign because "he's a lazy sod who only scores goals" and "he'll keep that lad from Barnsley out of the team and he's not had a fair chance"

ive tried to put her right but by the next time I see her she's forgot we've signed him.

On 21 February 2017 at 13:04, Spencerowl said:

Katie Johnson is amazing. My lad sent his shirt to be signed by the team and she sorted everything - even called me to say it was on its way back.

they even returned the £5 pocket money my lad sent as a thank you. 

Credit to the OP on this post it's great to hear and hope they enjoy tonight. Top club & top staff in my experience.

Had dealings with Katie earlier in the seeing regarding some hospitality and she really is excellent as we're all the staff behind the scenes.