Carlos Interview

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

One thing I picked up on was when he mentioned Brentford and Leeds will have extra rest days before the game, Hutchinson also touched on this.

It concerns me that this is slightly the wrong mentality.

We have a massive squad to enable that we are fresh so it is not an excuse. Wallace can come in and is fresh, Abdi is like anew signing and fresh. Mcmannaman must be desperate for games and Palmer and Pudil have had limited games recently. Winnal and Fletcher are rested.

This is something Leeds and Brentford don't have.

Instesd of focusing on the oppositions extra rest, should we not celebrate what a great squad we have and utilise it?

He never mentions it when it's the other way round. 

I agree with CC that the Christmas period fixtures are ridiculous but no professional athlete should struggle to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

Its more of a pain in the backside for us that go than the players!!

26 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

One thing I picked up on was when he mentioned Brentford and Leeds will have extra rest days before the game, Hutchinson also touched on this.

We have a massive squad to enable that we are fresh so it is not an excuse. Wallace can come in and is fresh, Abdi is like anew signing and fresh. Mcmannaman must be desperate for games and Palmer and Pudil have had limited games recently. Winnal and Fletcher are rested.

Instesd of focusing on the oppositions extra rest, should we not celebrate what a great squad we have and utilise it?

I dont buy all this " tired players " cobblers.  These lads are super fit and should have no problem playing 3 games in a week. 

It's all just what he wants the media to hear. Puts more pressure on Brentford and Leeds. Might not have an effect but even the smallest psychological edge can help.

Also gets an excuse in if we get a disappointing result.

I'll be very surprised though if CC doesn't make good use of the squad over these 3 games. Probably see a big rotation tomorrow and then something similar to Forest again for L33ds

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's just mind games...

Drop the hint that we may be tired so that Brentford and Leeds are lulled into a false sense of security, then BAM!

Owl them into submission.

58ab508020e29_CarlosOzzieDance.gif.0a0b27eb086ef58e52f189036919f410.gif

Can't stop watching this :manager:

12 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Or maybe he knows how good and fresh our squad I,s and most probably knows the team for tonight and Saturday and wants Leeds to think its going to be a little easier for them because we are playing tonight,

trying to lure them in to a little false sense of security maybe and not lord it up on how many choices we have

13 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Gets criticised for having his favourites and told he should be playing his best team.

Gets criticised for changing the team too much and told he should be playing fresh players who didn't play the last game.

Good job he doesn't read owlstalk or give a sh@t what anyone on here suggests.

To be fair we've got an embarrassment of riches. 

Clearly you want your best 11 on the pitch but we have players on the bench that would walk into most championship first 11's. 

We should have enough to win without hutch and a few others tonight and have our best 11 start Saturday. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

absolute cobblers about rest and all that rubbish. We have a huge squad, maybe if he didnt shoe horn the likes of Bannan into every team it wouldnt so much of an issue  

the sports science people think differently .... .the days of yore of playing on a Saturday living off beer ,pie and chips and a *** and turning out on tuesday are long gone ....everything from training to diet to resting is is monitored to get the players in prime condition for matchday and that so we are told is difficult to achieve when you play 3 days a week ...whether we believe is neither here nor there all the managers seem to hold great store on it and you'd think they'd be the ones that know .....I like you think it's a load of old tosh but I like you am probably wrong ............................feck sake how can a 3 letter word for a smoke get blocked ..

Edited by torryowl

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the sports science people think differently .... .the days of yore of playing on a Saturday living off beer ,pie and chips and a *** and turning out on tuesday are long gone ....everything from training to diet to resting is is monitored to get the players in prime condition for matchday and that so we are told is difficult to achieve when you play 3 days a week ...whether we believe is neither here nor there all the managers seem to hold great store on it and you'd think they'd be the ones that know .....I like you think it's a load of old tosh but I like you am probably wrong ............................feck sake how can a 3 letter word for a smoke get blocked ..

I agree things are most certainly different these days. Having said that it seems to be only Carlos that moans about it despite having the likes of Abdi, Fletcher Winnall and mcmanaman in reserve. 

Like you said what do we know, but for me I cant see why it is constantly mentioned 

Leeds is a much bigger game no doubt, but we have a better chance of getting 3 points tonight than Saturday, so maybe Brentford should be the priority? 

We have the squad to make an effective rotation and pick up 3 points, not too many changes but i'd go for 

Westwood

Palmer      Sasso     Loovens     Pudil

Macca        Abdi      Hutchinson     Reach

FF 

Rhodes

16 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I agree things are most certainly different these days. Having said that it seems to be only Carlos that moans about it despite having the likes of Abdi, Fletcher Winnall and mcmanaman in reserve. 

Like you said what do we know, but for me I cant see why it is constantly mentioned 

think it's called get your excuse before the event ... ....but I again I agree he shouldn't really keep harping on about it ..you keep telling the players they are tired and sooner or later they may well end up believing it .

Guest RocketOwl

Think he might rest Fernando tonight tbh for Leeds on Saturday. He is crucial to how we play away from home and will need full energies.