M1 ROADWORKS

Guest thetallowl

Try tweeting the highways agency. They were quick to respond after i called them out on their awful unhelpful roadworks signs on the M1. 

LANE CLOSURES

This output is created each weekday.  It contains records of lane closures for the next two weeks.

The information in this document is unedited data from the Highways Agency's database
of Scheduled Road Works and is offered as an aid to journey planning.

Generated on: 17-Feb-2017 05:55:02

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**************** New or Amended Record ****************
M1, Barnsley

Period: 21-Feb-2017 to 22-Feb-2017
Effect: Slight (less than 10 mins)
Length: 709 metres

Description: Lane 1 closure northbound for tech survey works.

[E430832,N409868]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M1, Barnsley / Rotherham / Sheffield / South Yorkshire

Period: 11-Dec-2014 to 28-Feb-2017
Effect: Moderate (10 - 30 mins)
Length: 2628 metres

Description: M1 Jct 32 to Jct 35a Managed Motorway Scheme with full closures and various lane closures northbound with diversion routes in place.

[E436947,N395240]

Period: 30-Apr-2014 to 28-Feb-2017
Length: 2466 metres

Description: M1 Jct 32 to Jct 35a Managed Motorway Scheme with various lane closures and hardshoulder running southbound including full Jct 35 soutbound entry slip road closure, diversion route via M1 to Jct 36 and return to Jct 35.

[E436353,N397090]

Period: 08-Jun-2015 to 28-Feb-2017
Length: 2466 metres

Description: M1 Jct 32 to Jct 35a Managed Motorway Scheme with full carriageway closures southbound including full slip road closures.  Diversion routes in place.

[E436353,N397090]

Period: 18-Jun-2015 to 28-Feb-2017
Length: 3222 metres

Description: M1 Jct 32 to Jct 35a Managed Motorway Scheme with various full closures and slip road closures northbound with diversion routes in place.

[E437038,N394706]

Thank you all for your help.  The diversion signs were truly horrendous. I'm not sure whether I misread them or not, but I ended up leaving the M1(S) at J32 and travelling to M18 J1 in order to return to the M1. Did anyone else have the same problem, or am I a navigational failure?

A real bummer midweek matches. Horrendous journey last Tuesday. J32 on M1 closed but I could get to A1 south from M18. The A1 was then closed and I had to take a  diversion at Clumber Park which went through countless villages to get back on the A1 at Newark. No doubt I can look forward to a similar journey tomorrow night.

11 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Thank you all for your help.  The diversion signs were truly horrendous. I'm not sure whether I misread them or not, but I ended up leaving the M1(S) at J32 and travelling to M18 J1 in order to return to the M1. Did anyone else have the same problem, or am I a navigational failure?

Nah that was the diversion, you got it right

6 minutes ago, will i am said:

Ffs thanks for that/ looks like Parkway A57 to get east then?

What I did last week - I have a tweet request to Highways Agency see if that elicits a response as the website is as clear as mud

Having looked at the App one bit says Lane 1 and 2 closed from 21.30. Then another bit says Lane 2 and 3 !

Going to work on basis it's shut.

Alternative is A61 to Chesterfield and then go to Jn 29 (I think)

Just spoke with the helpline - it is scheduled to be closed but that doesn't mean it will be as they only know for certain an hour or two before. Had a good chat about Chris Waddle though

39 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Having looked at the App one bit says Lane 1 and 2 closed from 21.30. Then another bit says Lane 2 and 3 !

Going to work on basis it's shut.

Alternative is A61 to Chesterfield and then go to Jn 29 (I think)

If you are going that way, then don't bother going the A61 route. Yuo can get to Woodseats and pick up the A61 there y going "over the tops" of the hills. Misses all the traffic and its the way my Dad has always gone after the game to get to Woodseats.

Let me know if you want the route.