Nottingham press sour grapes!

I like the fan comment about Hutch having a drink...aren't players allowed to keep hydrated any more?

Clutching at straws is an understatement...I hope they go down, I have never like the club and i never will do!! They are just as bad as Leeds for me. I never understand the love for Brian Clough either...the bloke was nothing short of an arrogant bully.

In fact F**K off forest i hope your club rots in league 1!!!

No mention of Forestieri getting shoved in the back when he was clear through on goal, stopping Forestieri hitting the ball early and their keeper saving the shot? If the referee sees that, it's a penalty and a red card - not sure a push in the back would be considered a genuine attempt to play the ball!

If you're going point out decisions that you think go against you from the referee, at least be honest and mention the ones that go your way!

I wouldn't call it sour grapes. It seems like a honest appraisal given from a biased perspective. Just like the numerous discussion and views that we have had in recent years concerning refereeing decisions that have gone against us. The writer could be right or could be wrong. It makes no difference in the long run. We have had and will get some stinkers ourselves that simply cancel out the lucky breaks that we sometimes get. As often said, the only fact to come from the match is 1-2 and three points.

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

Westwood was lucky to still be on the pitch, let's be honest. 

No he wasn't....rules state that the referee has the "double jeopardy" rule to consider and whether Forest fans like it or not, there was a genuine attempt from Westwood to win the ball. The young lad got the the ball before Westwood but the attempt form Westwood didn't create a deliberate foul.

Rules are rules. I don't create them neither do you but they are there and it was correct. Yes it was a penalty end of.

As with all the bitter write ups, when you're talking about a game you've lost and referring to your keeper playing a blinder to stop two other definite goal scoring opportunities that SHOULD tell you everything.

but hey, it was the new rule, which they all know better than the referee that lost them the game. (not McCormack missing the penalty)

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No he wasn't....rules state that the referee has the "double jeopardy" rule to consider and whether Forest fans like it or not, there was a genuine attempt from Westwood to win the ball. The young lad got the the ball before Westwood but the attempt form Westwood didn't create a deliberate foul.

Rules are rules. I don't create them neither do you but they are there and it was correct. Yes it was a penalty end of.

It's the genuine attempt bit that is in question.

When I watched it, my first thought was that it was a genuine attempt to  take the player out.

9 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Looked a genuine attempt to play the ball to me, and there is a good chance Hunt was getting to the ball before their player anyway, so I'd have been very surprised to see a red card in all honesty.

Blue and white specs on mate.

Ball is well gone when he takes him out.

Lucky.

Not complaining like. Just saying it was lucky.

24 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I wouldn't call it sour grapes. It seems like a honest appraisal given from a biased perspective. Just like the numerous discussion and views that we have had in recent years concerning refereeing decisions that have gone against us. The writer could be right or could be wrong. It makes no difference in the long run. We have had and will get some stinkers ourselves that simply cancel out the lucky breaks that we sometimes get. As often said, the only fact to come from the match is 1-2 and three points.

But the ref applied the laws of the game, remember PNE game their keeper pole axed Buckley and was given a yellow. We scored from the spot of course it sour grapes.