Sasso

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

I wanted to refrain from this post until today and enjoy a great win yesterday.

Anyone whose read any of my posts on Sasso, will know I'm not his biggest fan. I'me just glad that Tom Lees injury has fallen in a run of games where the opposition hasn't been strong. Sasso is mediocre at defending and an accident waiting to happen.

His mistake yesterday could have been in a playoff semi final and yet there were posters on here saying Lees may struggle to get back in??? He's been decent cover but he is a very very shaky defender who has mistakes in him constantly.

Woild anyone here be comfortable with him starting at home  to say Newcastle?

Edited by RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Strange fact but we have won more games with Sasso partnering either Lees or Loovens than we have with the partnership of Lees/Loovens. In fact it is a lot higher!!!

Not saying Sasso is our best center half, but I think he is coming along nicely.

It's not that strange when Sasso has played about 4 games.

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Anyone whose read any of my posts on Sasso, will know I'm not his biggest fan. I'me just glad that Tom Lees injury has fallen in a run of games where the opposition hasn't been strong. Sasso is mediocre at defending and an accident waiting to happen.

His mistake yesterday could have been in a playoff semi final and yet there were posters on here saying Lees may struggle to get back in??? He's been decent cover but he is a very very shaky defender who has mistakes in him constantly.

Tom Lees made a terrible mistake at home against Brighton... that could have come in the semi-final in the play-offs too.

If I recall correctly, Loovens made a bad error against Leeds that nearly gifted a goal

Are you going to do this every time one of our CB's makes a mistake that costs a goal? Because I think Lees deserves two or three this season, so you best make them so we can catch up and be fair. Or, is it a case of you have a pre-existing agenda and want to stick to it? I know what vote I go for.

Terrible mistake by Sasso, but ultimately... and here's the bit you best pay attention to.... it happens.

6 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

This is also testicles. You could say Fernando's penalty miss at Brighton cost us automatic promotion.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Not as first choice no but he is more then adequate as defensive cover and it's wrong to write off a player that won us a match last Tuesday for one mistake.

It's easy to criticise and single out a centre back who was covering a full back position when the mistake happened.Just who do you suggest bringing in that would settle for playing an odd game when Lees or Loovens are injured.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, StudentOwl said:

Tom Lees made a terrible mistake at home against Brighton... that could have come in the semi-final in the play-offs too.

If I recall correctly, Loovens made a bad error against Leeds that nearly gifted a goal

Are you going to do this every time one of our CB's makes a mistake that costs a goal? Because I think Lees deserves two or three this season, so you best make them so we can catch up and be fair. Or, is it a case of you have a pre-existing agenda and want to stick to it? I know what vote I go for.

Terrible mistake by Sasso, but ultimately... and here's the bit you best pay attention to.... it happens.

No my main point is Sasso is not very good. No agenda just an observation.

Lees plays with assurance, Sasso doesn't. Lees wins 90% of his headers throughout the game, Sasso is powderpuff at headers. He has ability on the ball and is good at attacking corners, but it's astonishing anyone can think he is anywhere near the standard of Tom Lees.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

Lees plays with assurance, Sasso doesn't. Lees wins 90% of his headers throughout the game, Sasso is powderpuff at headers. He has ability on the ball and is good at attacking corners, but it's astonishing anyone can think he is anywhere near the standard of Tom Lees.

it was a nice "powderpuff" header that got one of his goals wasn't it ?

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, ANDY said:

it was a nice "powderpuff" header that got one of his goals wasn't it ?

I stated he is good at attacking headers from our corners.

Long balls where he is wrestling a striker, he is powderpuff. He doesn't stand his ground and loses these types of headers regularly.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

So now you're inventing something that people haven't said lol 

They've just said "He's a great third choice"... and considering how many goals we've conceded with him in the side, I think is a very fair observation. 

Put the shovel down and step away from the hole. 

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, StudentOwl said:

So now you're inventing something that people haven't said lol 

They've just said "He's a great third choice"... and considering how many goals we've conceded with him in the side, I think is a very fair observation. 

Put the shovel down and step away from the hole. 

He's a good third choice when the opposition are mid table/bottom half.

You will see my point if he ever plays in a game against one of our fellow top 6 teams. That is my concern.