Old Lady Rocking

4 minutes ago, meadowview owl said:

Doubt it for Brentford midweek, but,

Norwich,derby,Newcastle games are mouth watering prospects, 3pm kick offs, full away followings and hopefully sell outs in the home ends, balloons, teddy bears ...bring it on!  

Sky haven't picked their matches for the weekends that we play Newcastle and Derby yet so they are probably likely to be moved, unfortunately.

Edited by RyanSWFC

Just now, RyanSWFC said:

Sky haven't picked their matches for the weekends that we play Newcastle and Derby yet so they are probably likely to be moved unfortunately :(

Hope not, will really spoil these particular fixtures if it happens. 

If it does happen then hopefully 5.30pm Saturday KO, Friday nites aren't too bad, Saturday 12.30pm is really poo 

53 minutes ago, meadowview owl said:

Doubt it for Brentford midweek, but,

Norwich,derby,Newcastle games are mouth watering prospects, 3pm kick offs, full away followings and hopefully sell outs in the home ends, balloons, teddy bears ...bring it on!  

It's half term so could see a healthy crowd...

4 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Agreed. Think the club have missed a trick there.

I do . I wont gain because im a ST holder, but a midweek game against a mid table team who will only bring one minibus full of fans is the perfect time to put an offer on. 

Don't agree with calling Hillsborough an old Lady, but I do agree with the sentiments behind why people need to label the ground.

Sometimes, I go out of my way to walk the same way approaching the ground that my dad first took me nearly 27 years ago and the way we went most games.    Bearing in mind I live 10 minutes away from the ground in the opposite direction these days, opposed to the other side of Sheffield!

Hell, if the football busses were still on, i'd travel from my house in S6, into town, JUST to get the football bus on occasion with my lad.     

Tradition and such like is a powerful thing.   I can still in my mind smell the ground as it was back then, and it's been no smoking for god knows how long.   It's ingrained.