Leeds

I'm assuming this will have been discussed, if not on here at least just between people, but after a great win today how important could these next two games be? 

With a hopeful win against Brentford (and if the results go right) we could be sat at the top of the playoffs. Quite a lot of ifs there but it is plausible. 

Leeds will be an an even bigger games than usual. Up there in the 'season defining game' bracket.

This is going to heap a load of unwanted pressure on the teams upbove and below with games in hand. 

I really am am exited to see how these next two games play out and the rest of the season for that matter. I'm just ecstatic to be a SWFC fan right now.

If it doesn't pan out quite as well as that it's important to keep behind the team and carry on taking it one game at a time but my god doesn't If feel good to be an owls fan at the moment? 

4 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Talk about it when the season is over. Don't give anyone any ammunition

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying we win these two games we are going to storm the league. Just think it's an exciting time to be an owl and a couple of wins from the next two we probably sent me towards a melt down if elation. 

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Don't think the Leeds game is season defining - we are level on points and goals with a game in hand. We lose to them and we've still a chance with that game in hand to go above them.

Yeah like I said if it all goes a bit pear shape then it's back to business as usual. But a couple of wins right now could be... massive. 

I've said to a few people that Monk is great when things are going his way but has never really been able to stop a slide or turn something around that not going for them. 

Now its a long way from going bad for them, but just lately a few slip ups have crept in and they will certainly be feeling that added pressure come game time! 

Whilst we have dealt with our losses well and got straight back into swing of things have a feeling that Leeds and Hudds could lose faith and have their bubble burst. 

Either way, I don't think any result next week will define our season it could potentially define theirs! 

11 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Don't think the Leeds game is season defining - we are level on points and goals with a game in hand. We lose to them and we've still a chance with that game in hand to go above them.

We play our game in hand before we play Leeds, so hopefully we go there 3 points in front which puts a bit more pressure on them.

2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Look at Newcastle's next fixtures................if they slip up ??

I did clarify with a lot of 'ifs'. But at the end of the day football is football and anyone could lose to anyone. Maybe currently being at University in Lincoln and seeing the scenes that are going off for them in the cup might be making me believe in that age old saying a little too much. But anything can happen. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

We play our game in hand before we play Leeds, so hopefully we go there 3 points in front which puts a bit more pressure on them.

Thanks pal, completely forgot we play mid-week. Could really put the pressure on Leeds to have to get a result against us.

We could also put some distance between us and the chasing pack.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you