Loovens

Yep very impressive against Birmingham, I swear he's looking younger, sharper and fitter, one of the big improvements seems to be he's learned to not get sucked into wide areas one on one which sometimes let him down and he seems to be reading the game better right now, stepping out of defence into midfield to win/clear the ball, huge performance last night.

21 minutes ago, childzy said:

I honestly dont think he gets enough praise. His performances and leadership for the team have been fantastic. 

You must be reading the wrong posts. :biggrin:

Most I've read say what a good player he is and that he's a good organiser and a steadying influence.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Why oh why oh why did the club give him a 2.5 year contract extension a year ago...

Because he's good for it. Always was. Lees and Loovens are tried and tested. 

Absolutely love the bloke him being club captain is so fitting, he's a class act. I've noticed as well his yellow card tally is looking rather clean too, remember under Gray in his final season Loovens started the campaign with a card per game if memory serves me well?

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Yep very impressive against Birmingham, I swear he's looking younger, sharper and fitter, one of the big improvements seems to be he's learned to not get sucked into wide areas one on one which sometimes let him down and he seems to be reading the game better right now, stepping out of defence into midfield to win/clear the ball, huge performance last night.

Yep, and he is also very level-headed and doesn't panic. He talks and organises the defence, along with Westy, and that is another huge contribution.

4 hours ago, childzy said:

I honestly dont think he gets enough praise. His performances and leadership for the team have been fantastic. 

His return from injury earlier this season definitely coincided with our tight defence from last season returning.