The Owls vs Birmingham. Official Matchday Thread.

BJyDHtd.png          w8Lj62j.png

Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield.

19:45 Friday, 10 Feb 2017.

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

In the proud country of Great Britain, almost at its dead centre, stands the not-so-proud city of Birmingham. Often thought, probobobarbly mistakenly to be the country's second largest city, it has stood since the dawn of the middle ages. 

CNqEYfj.jpg

Around the mid 18th century, it was noticed that the people who inhabited Birmingham demonstrated some peculiar habits and had appeared to have developed their own language, which amongst the English Language scholars of the time became known as the Brum language, so named because Birmingham in the brum language was Brummingham. As a direct result of this, the people also became known to the anthropologists of the day as "Brummies". The name also coincided nicely with the brummmm sound of visitor’s car engines accelerating away from the city centre in shock and disappointment.

fF0lCB6.jpg

Not everything about Birmingham is terrible - It is the birth place of curry, also the paper airplane, and heavy metal music. Brum was immortalised in the famous song by Peter 'I've ate too many pies' Koy named "do yaouw knoo the woy ter shitty shitty Burminum". The truth is naaa 'un actually knows the woy ter Burminum, an' once yaouw get the'er its labarynth loike corridors mane yaouw can never escoype. 

They also have a football team and that’s how we come to be playing them today!

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Chicken of the Opera.

Official Matchday Drink: 16 Pints of Seafaring Gladiator.

Official Matchday Song: “Two Fish and an Elephant” by Khruangbin…

Sheffield Wednesday may lose defender Glenn Loovens and striker Gary Hooper for the visit of Birmingham City. Loovens (knee) was injured in the 1-0 win at Wigan while Hooper is still struggling with a thigh strain, but Sam Hutchinson has served a two-game ban.

Wednesday, without the suspended Steven Fletcher, look set to give new striker Jordan Rhodes his home debut, while former Birmingham loan winger Will Buckley, who was at Blues this time last season, may feature after being sidelined for two months following shoulder surgery.

Birmingham are without captain Michael "Tesco" Morrison, who has had hernia surgery. Fellow defender Ryan Shittupon is also out, while midfielder Jacques "Who?" Maghoma and striker Clayton Donaldson are both still missing.

Maghoma has not played for Blues since 2 January after picking up a knee injury while on Africa Cup of Nations Cup duty with DR Congo, while Donaldson is still to feature under Gianfranco "Has tha' got any cheese?" Zola after injuring his ankle during a dressing room brawl with former coach, Gary Rowett at his final game in charge on 13 December.

NDL2Et4.png Head To Head 8Lnqhf7.png

▪    Birmingham, in 12th, picked up their first win under Gianfranco Zola at home to Fulham last Saturday, in his 11th game in charge.

▪    Sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday are unbeaten in their last five home league games against Blues.

▪    Birmingham came from behind to beat the Owls 2-1 in the reverse fixture in September, courtesy of goals from Clayton Donaldson and Lukas Jutkiewicz, after Gary Hooper had fired Sheffield Wednesday ahead in the 76th minute.

▪    Hooper has netted three goals in three league appearances against Birmingham for the Owls. But all three have come at St Andrew’s.

▪    Lukas Jutkiewicz is yet to end up on the winning side in any of the five away Championship games he has scored in this season.

▪    Ross Wallace has scored three goals in five league appearances in 2017. In 41 appearances in 2016, aside from two in the play-offs, he hit just three.

at2u13D.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

“We are winning the points, not looking too much to the performance and to other things because I know, to be sure, because I am the leader of the boat, what happened with my gladiators. Some games, we must just win, even if it’s in the last minute with a penalty, I don’t care, it is my boat. We must just win some games. Because I know that things will be different in the future. The last game was the beginning of the rest of the season. Now we have more options, more dynamic, more ready and we can do better and better at the end of the season. When we win at the Wembley, I will buy everyone a portion of the chips and let them sit in my boat for a minute or two. Probobobarbly.

nwemJG9.jpg

We have more points, we are in a better position, we have created a new dynamic and the performances will be better and better. You need to win points when you feel your boat is in the storm, it’s good that in the storm we are going in the right direction – even though you may sway right and then left, you are still going where you need to be. We have not lost the direction of the boat but now we have created a new dynamic and that is not easy when you are missing one or two players that are important for that dynamic. We have more time, one week to work the players, who are focused on the game, training well and have good feelings during the week. I am the captain of the boat. Of this I am absolutely sure. To be certain. I am Captain Carlos, although the Loovens, he is also the captain too. Then I suppose that I am promoted to the Admiral. Yes. Admiral Carlos, I am henjoying this even more better. Now, get off my bridge!”

MINTYNESS

6Djzzr6.gif

Superb Pauli!

Would love it if someone could hack their website and put That brum badge on it!

As for the Owls. Carlos to unleash the dogs of war.

I've actually given up hope of my 433 with Nan do on the left.

Nevertheless 4-3-3, 3-5-2, or even the old W-M it matters not as long as we vanquish them back to hell with rapier like precision thrusting attacking play. 

4-1 WEDNESDAY

Forestieri 21 

Rhodes 58, 88

Winnall 90+2

Morning all,

Quality that Pauli, 

Reckon this is the game where we start playing like a proper team.  Expect things to slowly start clicking in place.  So I'm going for a 3-0 Wednesday win. 

Nando, Rhodes and Winnall with the goals,

LETS DO THIS!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Hopefully we will play like a team capable of promotion tonight and put a bit better performance on for the cameras and paying fans..

C'Mon WEDNESDAY!

UTO, FTB, WAWAW

Sorry Pauli, please accept my apologies for being an ignorant gti...

Another brilliant and factual piece of fiction from you yet again, keep up the good work...

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

9 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Is the game on Radio Sheffield? Anybody know? At work so was going to take my radio in.

We are on telly mate. Take it and your sky box into work, if gaffer says owt, you are watching the Wednesday and he should come back later.

1 minute ago, daztheowl said:

Soz Carlos , I'll decline the Wembley chips.

UTO , down with Wembley chips.

They will be Sheffield chips though.

That nice Mr Chansiri has a construction company. Surely he knows how to build a chip shop. It will have proper fish cakes too. None of them daft rissole things.

Just now, pauli said:

They will be Sheffield chips though.

That nice Mr Chansiri has a construction company. Surely he knows how to build a chip shop. It will have proper fish cakes too. None of them daft rissole things.

n' scollops , n' relish.

It could be a sort of mobile chip shop that Mr Chansiri could cunningly position in another dimension, but always in front of the goal that we are defending. Obviously it would have to be invisible and undetectable should goal line technology with magnets and cameras in the players balls be introduced at some point.

Imagine the fuss if they found out that the Sausage Cottage had saved a crucial penno