Sheffield Wednesday home support is crucial

Ahead of his potential home debut on Friday evening, Morgan Fox says he is looking forward to sampling the home support as a Wednesday player for the first time.

Having been a visitor during his time with Charlton, the left back knows not to underestimate the influence of the fans.

And as the Owls look to build on victory at Wigan last week, Fox says they will need the supporters to be at their highest levels as well as the players.

He said: “I’ve been here in the past and I know how important the fans are here.

“It can be a very intimidating place to come and that’s the kind of environment we need.

“I was here for the game against Huddersfield and they were amazing on that day, right behind the team, giving them a lift when they needed it and helping get the first goal.

"The players thrive off that positive environment and with ten home games to go, we'll need it every step of the way.”

For the second week running, the Owls will do battle in the Championship under the lights and in front of the Sky cameras on a Friday night.

“We want to get that win and then watch the results come in over the weekend,” Fox continued.

“We want to get the job done and then that puts pressure on the other sides and that’s what we’re out to achieve.

Owlstalk Shop

I'm expecting a  good atmosphere Friday night. 

Weve got loads to battle for in the run in and night games always have a special feeling at hillsborough. 

Anybody taking bets what minute the obligatory red card will arrive? Gone a couple of games without seeing one, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. 

Too many fans sit there expecting the team to get them excited and if not they will just mumble, moan and groan.

Fans need to realise this is not the theater or cinema, football is a live sport , the fans set the tone, back in the day the atmosphere was 

getting fired up before kick off. It seems now that is generally reserved for "big games", fans need to realise they can actually affect a game. 

Why are you having a dig at us Northstanders.  I do mumble along to the odd ditty started on the Kop with indecipherable words when I can, but all this jumping up and down (bouncing i think they call it these days) is just not on.  Last home game they made me spill my Bovril all over my corned beef sandwiches!

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

39 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Too many fans sit there expecting the team to get them excited and if not they will just mumble, moan and groan.

Fans need to realise this is not the theater or cinema, football is a live sport , the fans set the tone, back in the day the atmosphere was 

getting fired up before kick off. It seems now that is generally reserved for "big games", fans need to realise they can actually affect a game. 

This is true.  The problem nowadays is the music they have blaring out pre game right up to the teams coming out. It doesn't give supporters a chance to build up an atmosphere.  Remember being disappointed at the Arsenal match last season, would have loved the crowd to have had a chance to have been a part of the build up. 

The over 45 hand sitters really need to step up for this one.

Carlos needs them to stop discussing real ale for 90 minutes, cut out the moaning and get behind the team.

I will be a cold one but leave your flasks and blankets at home guys. It's not a care home.

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think the minibus from Wigan will outsing the North Stand... lol

Really, what part of the ground do the Wigan Owls sit? Do you think they will outsing the Birmingham fans too?

Edited by OWL1969

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The over 45 hand sitters really need to step up for this one.

Carlos needs them to stop discussing real ale for 90 minutes, cut out the moaning and get behind the team.

I will be a cold one but leave your flasks and blankets at home guys. It's not a care home.

Oh cheeky young buck, I'm 55 and I definitely don't sit on my hands, I wish more people would make some noise though, the atmosphere is pretty poor until we score.