Championship Run-in 2016-2017

Here you go.

UPPERCASE = HOME GAME

lowercase = away game

Games in yellow = game against promotion/play off rival

I've left Newcastle & Brighton out of it at this stage because of the amount of teams challenging.

1 fixture still to be arranged:

Bristol C v Fulham

Championship Run-In 2016-2017.jpg

Guest Copthorneowl

We've got 10 home games most of the others have 8 Norwich have 9. Should be a big advantage really on the other hand might add pressure.

Given our squad and striker options if we don't make top 6 at least sadly it will be because we don't deserve to and not due to any of the many excuses that get trotted out. I think we'll be ok but it's going to be a nervy ride by the look of recent results and how other sides are playing.

Thought Leeds and Hudds looked pretty competitive and competent.

My gut says that if we're in the top 6 come May 10th we'll be in the play offs...you simply can't predict this league.

I'd also say that if we don't battle for every inch of turf we won't be in the top 6...the teams above and below us are battlers, they don't have better squads/players...(except Brighton and Newcastle)

16 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

My gut says that if we're in the top 6 come May 10th we'll be in the play offs...you simply can't predict this league.

I'd also say that if we don't battle for every inch of turf we won't be in the top 6...the teams above and below us are battlers, they don't have better squads/players...(except Brighton and Newcastle)

I think we have a better squad than Brighton.they have a better manager

21 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

See, I'd have said that Derby and Norwich have stronger squads than us, particularly in defence and midfield. Buying Rhodes has put our attacking options in the top tier of this division, though.