Reach at LM...

Wil never be a success.

i have no idea what he brings to the team in the final 3rd.

i'd be interested to know his pass completion % from tonight (in particular)

£5m (5 MILLION POUNDS!). I'm starting to believe Simon Grayson was right all along...

13 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

so who would you have played instead of him tonight?

A playing with some sort of idea going forward.

FF? McManaman?

there's a couple why reasons CC will persist with playing him there...

1.His defensive tactics.

2.His price tag.

I started a post weeks ago saying,please Carlos drop reach, I got slated for it, I new I was right then and im still right now, he just is not good enough, actually thought he wasn't to bad in 1st half tonight, but that's best ive seen him play, so that says it all really, uto

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, richowl said:

Wil never be a success.

£5m (5 MILLION POUNDS!). I'm starting to believe Simon Grayson was right all along...

What was Grayson right about? He loves Reach and wanted to keep him!

Very average tonight and offered little going forward. He does work hard though and does track back and thats why he'll always be a good squad player. Kind of like james milner, works hard and gives his all for 90mins. Think some are a little disappointed in him thinking that he would offer more going forward. Still a very good player to have in our squad though

I'm pretty sure he'll come good. 

His delivery needs work, but we've got several good players to help him with that in training.

Particularly like seeing his powering runs forward, we need to see this more often, very Bale-esque at times.

Reach has good height, which our midfield desperately needs.

With Fox, Reach, Fletcher, Hutchinson, Rhodes, Loovens, Lees....we have some good strong height in our team - be great to see this all on the pitch at the same time.

5 hours ago, richowl said:

Wil never be a success.

Saying same thing in every post about him, I just completely fail to see what he brings from an attacking point of view and gives the ball away far too often.

Some people like Reach, some people don't see what he brings.

He has played every minute of every match since he arrived. Has he got one goal and one assist? That is a paltry output for a winger.

However, regardless of that, a player that doesn't contribute going forward can still be a vital member of the team.

BUT, we have Hutch who is first name in our midfield and won't score or create many. Bannan next to him who creates but won't score many. It is basic maths and logical deduction that if you also have Reach who rarely scores or creates then it is highly unlikely that your team will score many goals.

Therefore, in my opinion, something has to change in that regard. Abdi in for Bannan is a possibility. More obvious appears to be FF or McManaman for Reach to me, particularly at home.