Sasso

I think this will be controversial but I thought he played well. He was clearly nervous and dawdled a little but generally he was positionally sound and overall reasonably solid especially given the performances of the full backs. 

His give and go in the first half where he should have shot was what our central midfield should have been doing. Instead they sat deep and didn't have enough legs to contribute to all phases of play.

Anyway, fair play to the lad.

It would obviously have been a more comfortable game to come in if we'd been in command of the game, but apart from that bit if sustained pressure st the end of the first half we were largely under the pump. Personally thought Sasso looked a bit nervous and rusty, however it wasn't an easy match to return to the team.

i suppose a clean sheet is all that matters, but I'd like to see the Loovens, Lees partnership reunited.

Feck me some are so quick to dig at players for no reason.

Thought he was solid tonight, the only mistake he made was in Wigan's box, when Wallace flicked him through on goal

If Lees had produced the same performance everyone would be calling him "Mr Reliable", while also marvelling at how much better his distribution was!

Anyone slagging Sasso off on a night when no one was better than mediocre is either looking for a scapegoat or doesn't have a clue what to expect from a centre half