Adam Reach

Had him down as man of the match. First half was excellent. Good cover for his full back, kept possession in midfield, won headers, got the ball into good areas.

Second half was more workmanlike but his positioning was excellent and as usual he coped very well with being moved to the right wing and then to left back.

Well played Adam Reach

He's got talent, and there's a reason Carlos was so desperate for him. He's yet to get to his best, but he's shown signs.

When he has time and space on the ball he tends to give it away, but when he's cornered in he often finds a way out and belts it down the wing. That's what I've noticed anyway.

If he didn't have pace he'd have lost his place.

Just shows how people see football differently. He was woeful tonight, constantly giving the ball away and turning our attacks into nerve wracking break aways for Wigan. Runs into trouble constantly rather than playing an easy pass. Tries (and fails) complicated passes when the easy option is on. 

I got a lot of stick on here for slagging him off but since then I've rather warmed to him. He had a good game at Brighton and has been fine since. I like his energy, his willingness; he doesn't do anything outstanding but is an important cog in the system - starting to be a bit like Kieran Lee in that respect. If he gave the ball away sometimes then SO DID EVERYONE ELSE in midfield, especially Jones. Leave him alone.