little competition folks,

Trev, Great idea ! I'm not very tech but a few years ago(too many to recall all the detail) I cam across an app. You fed in a pic that you wanted to reproduce and followed this with as many prints, photos and pictures. The app would then reproduce the original pic in collage form utilising all your other pictures. That way you end up with a collage representing every pic you can lay your hands on, truly representative of most of our 150 years.

Though you would end with a set of prints rather or as well as the painting of your choice it may be worth exploring. 

Like the idea of focus on the kop / fans - wondered about having players from the past in different shirts lining up to take pens / shots on goal in front of it and maybe things like a Hutchinson knee slide in to the corner flag etc going on as well, waddle moments etc. Kop part uncovered merging into covered? No doubt you'll produce another great one Trev.

11 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

OK, after thinking about a single image to sum up 150 years of our club, I reckon that rather than focussing on a particularly memorable or iconic moment which is forever tied to a specific era, it might be more timeless and meaningful to try and capture what is, was, and always will be Sheffield Wednesday: the bond that binds fans and players together.

A crowd and player celebration scene like this, but with Llera replaced with an anonymous Wednesday player who could represent any of those who have represented the club over the years, might capture that intangible Wednesday spirit, perhaps? Maybe edit out the stewards so as not to diminish the romance of the image, though!

Llera.jpg

How you draw the ball boys left hand could be the make or break of this picture Nev! 

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Trev, Great idea ! I'm not very tech but a few years ago(too many to recall all the detail) I cam across an app. You fed in a pic that you wanted to reproduce and followed this with as many prints, photos and pictures. The app would then reproduce the original pic in collage form utilising all your other pictures. That way you end up with a collage representing every pic you can lay your hands on, truly representative of most of our 150 years.

Though you would end with a set of prints rather or as well as the painting of your choice it may be worth exploring. 

sounds interesting that Nev  Thank you mate

How about a team photo type jobbie with who's in the team taken from each decade of our 150 years where possible.  15 decades 15 players. Or we could have a vote on here on who should be included. Danger with that is that it could be mostly players of the modern era.