little competition folks,

On 1 February 2017 at 20:53, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

OK, after thinking about a single image to sum up 150 years of our club, I reckon that rather than focussing on a particularly memorable or iconic moment which is forever tied to a specific era, it might be more timeless and meaningful to try and capture what is, was, and always will be Sheffield Wednesday: the bond that binds fans and players together.

A crowd and player celebration scene like this, but with Llera replaced with an anonymous Wednesday player who could represent any of those who have represented the club over the years, might capture that intangible Wednesday spirit, perhaps? Maybe edit out the stewards so as not to diminish the romance of the image, though!

Llera.jpg

This

On 2/12/2017 at 19:57, Miffed said:

Good call.

Or you could do them from the front. Generations of Wednesdayites with the South Stand gable in the sky above them.

Yeah, I like the sound of this. I think this idea should be sent to the club. A video reflecting this same idea with the production quality of the recent one would be a great way to promote the anniversary.

IMO it has to incorporate the ground, maybe all four stands from different eras? Either that or a player from every decade (already been mentioned I think) but the ground is so important to our identity and would go a little way to remove itself from what people just know it for .... the incident. Good luck with whatever you choose :biggrin: