Team For Wigan

Guest RocketOwl

Fernando upfront.

Assume you didn't see Fernando away at Fulham, Wolves, Huddersfield upfront?

Will be Fernando and Rhodes.

Fernando will only play the left hand side role at home and then Hooper will be ahead of Winnall.

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Fernando upfront.

Assume you didn't see Fernando away at Fulham, Wolves, Huddersfield upfront?

Will be Fernando and Rhodes.

Fernando will only play the left hand side role at home and then Hooper will be ahead of Winnall.

I know goal scoring wise he is better off on the wing. 99% of supporters will also agree I would expect he is better out there. We won't have 4 main strikers competing for 1 spot alongside Fernando I am pretty sure (I hope). At least not next season anyway. 

And I have no doubt it will be Fernando and Rhodes up front, it is Carlos' way. But it isn't right IMO.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I will go for

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Sasso

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Hutch

Jones

Bannan

Reach

The only downfall I can see from this is that Hutch is suspended. Apart from that there isn't anything obvious that may be wrong with it......

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know what I would play but Carlos won't.

The team that I have put forward or near as damn it.

I would love to see our players let of the shackles. I don't get what Carlos has done this season in changing the style. We had success last season going for teams and hustling em. Now all we do is pass it along the back 4 with the odd flurry into an attacking formation. These players are better than this, the manager is holding them back big time.

Even with Rhodes, playing the way we are we will do well to claim a play off spot this season. Norwich will come through strong.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Think there's a few people forgetting we've just spent £10M on Rhodes. Think he might feature somewhere in the line-up.

Or have we?

Talent is wasting away on the bench.

Abdi and MacManaman need to start for me, and assuming Rhodes is our player (as I write I haven't seen any official notification ), you don't leave him on the bench, so for me I would go with -:

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Fox

Mac Abdi Bannan FF

Hooper Rhodes

If Hoops not fit, then swap FF into his position and Reach wide left.

2 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Talent is wasting away on the bench.

Abdi and MacManaman need to start for me, and assuming Rhodes is our player (as I write I haven't seen any official notification ), you don't leave him on the bench, so for me I would go with -:

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Fox

Mac Abdi Bannan FF

Hooper Rhodes

If Hoops not fit, then swap FF into his position and Reach wide left.

Wont talent always be wasted on the bench because you can only have 11 players. You could say your side has Wallace wasting his talent on the bench. 

3 hours ago, Gregzthe1 said:

They say there's a shortage of good English managers. Should check on here there is an abundance of home grown know it all talent WTF:

These sorts of comments always amuse me. 

This is a forum if I'm not mistaken; the definition of which a quick Google search reveals to be:

"a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

I doubt anyone here believes themselves to be more capable a manager than CC.  But if we're not here to give opinions on a forum then we might as well all log off!

And on that note:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Jones

Bannan

Abdi

Forestieri

Winnall

Macmanaman 

Not a million years will we line up like that of course.