Thats how to play football carlos

Just watched some of the barnsley v weeds game. Both teams going for it, pride, passion, commitment, closing down players, pace, players passing the ball quickly then moving into space to receive it back. 

Not the drab garbage i watched friday nite and the last few games.

Where we f@#k about with it in defence at walking pace passing numerous square/backward passes between midfield/defence and westwood, putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure.

Let the opposition worry bout us and what we can do ffs. Not this cautious poo that we have been playing for  some reason this season.

Commitment, pride, passion and quality football like last season.

Thats all i want!

Edited by swampyowl01

Barnsley looked great, Leeds were dire, hope Leeds play like that more often, wouldn't wish injury on anyone but they'd be hopeless without Wood which is quite amusing consdering all last season and the start of this season he was getting some right flack from their fans. Could we maybe get Villa or Derby to sign him? Maybe if we put a bid in for him Derby and Villa will take the bait... lol

Edited by ohgoditsjames

9 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Just watched some of the barnsley v weeds game. Both teams going for it, pride, passion, commitment, closing down players, pace, players passing the ball quickly then moving into space to receive it back.

I'll go along with closing down players and passing the ball quickly then moving into space to receive it back, but pride and passion don't win football games

So many sides make goal scoring look so easy compared to us especially considering the amount of money our squad has cost.Glad we have a usually reliable defence but we always rely on fairly narrow wins and it's risky.

22 games since we last scored 3 goals (last minute vs Bristol City) and only scored that amount in 3 of our last 41 competitive games.

Id pick prob 2 players from both of their teams for ours n thats it. They both play to their strengths n play players where their meant to play in a system what suits them n we dont. We shoe horn ours to please fans/manager n wee wee ball bout we it passin back n fourth. Carlos without a doubt is the best manager weve had for years but slowly losin faith n cant help think we the players we have that a better manager would get more out of our players. Think hes took us as far as he can im afraid 

23 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Where we f@#k about with it in defence at walking pace passing numerous square/backward passes between midfield/defence and westwood, putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure.

Let the opposition worry bout us and what we can do ffs. Not this cautious poo that we have been playing for  some reason this season.

Thats all i want!

Just what I thought as I watched the Barnsley game tonight. Remember the fixture against Leeds at Hillsborough earlier this year; we never broke sweat and never looked like scoring. 

3 minutes ago, danswfc1987 said:

Id pick prob 2 players from both of their teams for ours n thats it. They both play to their strengths n play players where their meant to play in a system what suits them n we dont. We shoe horn ours to please fans/manager n wee wee ball bout we it passin back n fourth. Carlos without a doubt is the best manager weve had for years but slowly losin faith n cant help think we the players we have that a better manager would get more out of our players. Think hes took us as far as he can im afraid 

So you agree with me then

41 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Thats all i want!

One team still lost.

Wonder if Leeds forums are going mad over the tactic and poor defending, letting in 3 goals against a club that are smaller in size, have less spending power, and lower in the league.

Monk out, that's it auto's are off, we might not even make the play offs, defence is rubbish, etc.

15 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

So you agree with me then

I do yeah The bobbar weve had to put up with for the past 18 years u can forgive us for bein more pessimistic in the way we lose n expecting it to go all pear shaped cus thsts what werd used too. Last season i felt none of this for thd first time in years so maybe thought we were changin but still feel the doubt of previous years... effin hate football at times