Carlos too clever for our players?

All match he was going bananas at our players and barking instructions, and looking very frustrated to the extent of angry.

Is it time to go back to basics I wonder eg rigid 442 as maybe he just doesn't have the players to carry out his strategy

Maybe he is over complicating the system and players are uncertain.

It also needs a midfield that offers more balance and dynamism than we currently have. There is a missing link

2 minutes ago, Togdiver said:

Looking at the "Post Match" interview with CC, not his usual demeanour.. he looked pissed off with somebody or the antics of the players in the closing stages of the game. Not "pointy finger" time though...

His comments on the OS make it clear he's not happy there:

But we must control the red cards, this is something that cannot happen.
Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/things-we-can-and-cannot-control-3530369.aspx#eqUpcxdrGpHWzGfO.99

An interesting point, and I think you're on the right lines here. I've criticized Carlos' tactics/management on this site repeatedly, but that's not because I think he's a bad manager. I don't think Wenger's a bad manager either, but in both cases I think that they're the wrong managers for their respective clubs. It's often not about good/bad managers, it's about whether a manager fits your team's resources, and I don't think Carlos fits ours. As a result, he's trying to employ tactics which are not really his forte and that's why so many of our performances have been poor and good players are playing badly. In fairness, if FF scores last night then I'm sure we'd have got something from the game, but I'm referring to how we've played this season generally. The problem we have is that without parachute money Carlos won't be able to do his own thing, so we probably need a manager who's better fitted to our spending power.

In my opinion it isnt that complicated. I think it stands out a mile that we seriously lack service into the box. I really fear for Winnall because he thrives on the service we continually fail to provide. Our corners and set pieces are shocking at times.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's getting results and we are heading for the play offs ,why would anyone question what he's doing .....

this wasnt a criticism of him, more a question over our players ability / intelligence 

Edited by modboy

36 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

An interesting point, and I think you're on the right lines here. I've criticized Carlos' tactics/management on this site repeatedly, but that's not because I think he's a bad manager. I don't think Wenger's a bad manager either, but in both cases I think that they're the wrong managers for their respective clubs. It's often not about good/bad managers, it's about whether a manager fits your team's resources, and I don't think Carlos fits ours. As a result, he's trying to employ tactics which are not really his forte and that's why so many of our performances have been poor and good players are playing badly. In fairness, if FF scores last night then I'm sure we'd have got something from the game, but I'm referring to how we've played this season generally. The problem we have is that without parachute money Carlos won't be able to do his own thing, so we probably need a manager who's better fitted to our spending power.

Yes interesting thoughts He has brought a lot of this on himself though. We currently have two of the best players in the league, at playing in between the lines (Forestieri and Abdi), players who could cause opposition endless problems if encouraged to do so. However, for whatever reason, Carlos sets up with two wingers who are instructed to operate out of position, tucking in to make the extra man in midfield. We'd be much better set up in a 4-2-3-1 system with Abdi, Forestieri and, maybe Reach, all playing behind a lone striker

i dont watch enough of the other teams to know but what sort of style do the other teams have in the championship

Newcastle - fast and pacy (i think)

Brighton - fast and pacy too i think

Leeds - strong and direct?

Reading - not a clue

Hudds - tippy tappy play out of the back like us

Us - slowly does it and narrow

Derby

Preston

Fulham

Villa