Anyone else had a night like this?

I'm always in charge of making dinner, but I asked for one night off tonight to watch the game, and asked if it could be held off until the final whistle. It was only oven pizza, so no big deal. My gf said she'd take care of it.

Final whistle comes, I'm absolutely raging. She comes in and hands me a pizza that's burned to a crisp, saying it was my fault because I was making so much noise she couldn't hear the oven timer.

The strength it took to smile and apologise was absolutely superhuman. Still congratulating myself an hour later.

And biting angry lumps out of the coffee table whenever the gf leaves the room. :angry:

(to be fair the coffee table is softer than the pizza)

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 minute ago, Thurnscoe_OWL said:

My gf asked me why I'm not as passionate about anything else as I am Wednesday. 

I don't know exactly how to explain it all to her

If we did know how to explain that, we'd all be watching ice hockey with a five gallon cola instead

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

My wife's out and it's good job too. 

Isnt this feeling awful, right in the pit of the stomach. 

And sink tap is broke aswell - what a crap night and spoilt the weekend 

Don't let it do that – it's the only good thing about having games on Friday night. It's spoiled the dead week, weekend is all yours and a fresh start. :)

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Don't let it do that – it's the only good thing about having games on Friday night. It's spoiled the dead week, weekend is all yours and a fresh start. :)

Hope all the others lose around us or else it will be even worse-- what's the Samaritans number...

3 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Hope all the others lose around us or else it will be even worse-- what's the Samaritans number...

Haha, god I've had to un-learn that way of thinking over the past 30 years...you'll never last the Wednesday course! lol

Edited by Mr. Tom

6 minutes ago, Stokey said:

I coped a lot better losing when we were proper crap than I do now. Its the hope that kills ya. That said we threw 3 ppints away tonight.

So very true. 

The inevitability of a weary, dreary mindnumbing defeat under Turner or Irvine stopped hurting.

As the goals rattled in, there was the almost soothing effect that the hope that had been there at kick off had been quelled.