Well played wednesday

I'm absolutely gobsmacked about some of the posts on here. We played very well tonight and controlled the game. These are a good side with good players and we were the better side from start to finish. Much better performance than last 5 home games. Fine margins guys fine margins. Bannan back to his best only negative was Pudil. Well played Wednesday they were there for the taking and on another day we would have won comfortably but we have pinched points in recent games we didn't deserve. Football as they say is a funny old game. 

Owlstalk is is a brilliant place for us all to talk all wednesday but I wish some people would take a deep breath before posting rubbish.  

17 minutes ago, wembley93 said:

I'm absolutely gobsmacked about some of the posts on here. We played very well tonight and controlled the game. These are a good side with good players and we were the better side from start to finish. Much better performance than last 5 home games. Fine margins guys fine margins. Bannan back to his best only negative was Pudil. Well played Wednesday they were there for the taking and on another day we would have won comfortably but we have pinched points in recent games we didn't deserve. Football as they say is a funny old game. 

Owlstalk is is a brilliant place for us all to talk all wednesday but I wish some people would take a deep breath before posting rubbish.  

This. Didn't even think Pudil was that bad, just got made to look poor by a stupidly good Championship player on top form.

We were battering them for 10min either side of the first sending off, then lost it completely. Weird, weird game.

One of the best performances of the season so far. People need to wake up. We are just feeling like Barnsley and Preston fans (away). Football is a funny game and today we deserved more. Feel proud of the boys. We do have to win games like that but we played a lot better than we have in recent weeks. Meg away but I've been going years and will continue to do so. If we play well I will say we played well. If we play crap I will say we played crap. Tonight we played well

1 minute ago, wembley93 said:

One of the best performances of the season so far. People need to wake up. We are just feeling like Barnsley and Preston fans (away). Football is a funny game and today we deserved more. Feel proud of the boys. We do have to win games like that but we played a lot better than we have in recent weeks. Meg away but I've been going years and will continue to do so. If we play well I will say we played well. If we play crap I will say we played crap. Tonight we played well

How on earth can you feel proud of that, 2 players sent off for stupid red cards. They had more clear chances to win the game before they went down to 10 men. We created very little & have done all season thats why we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.

An odd mistake but I too thought we did alright 

But I do have to agree slightly that fessi doesn't seem to have that buring energy he had last season he seems disheartened  (I'm not slating him BTW)

An thato mcmanaman I'd pheck him straight off! Not what we need in the team with thathe sort of attitude and not the first time either!

I just think frustration set in an cost us towards the end no need to go off rails like 80%  of owlstalk members!

You're not wrong that we've recently gained points that we haven't necessarily earned lately and generally speaking I'd look at the positives rather than the negatives, but I just can't agree with you. We threw this one away after getting a lifeline from the own goal and then lost our heads completely.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

This. Didn't even think Pudil was that bad, just got made to look poor by a stupidly good Championship player on top form.

We were battering them for 10min either side of the first sending off, then lost it completely. Weird, weird game.

Pudil not that bad?

He was rinsed more times than a dish washer. So much so Reach and even Winnall were having to help him defend against Knockaert who don't get me wrong is a good player but Pudil

made him look like Griezmann. 

Looks out of sorts this season. 

It was nowhere near as bad as some make out but it's best not to worry too much as there are people on here who revel in defeats and negativity.

Disappointing and I was mad at the end of the game but we played well for large parts. We just don't seem to create enough and lack some conviction.

We don't quite seem to have adapted this season to the fact teams have worked us out and seem to sometimes not go for it like we should.

7 minutes ago, wembley93 said:

Feel proud of the boys. 

Proud?

We showed a lack of ambition when we were potentially in a winning position.

We threw the game away.

Our discipline completely broke down and we ended up with 9 men on the pitch when minutes earlier we had a numerical advantage.

It's not good enough to dismiss it as frustration. We have GOT to be more professional and disciplined than that.

35 minutes ago, wembley93 said:

I don't think it's all about the performance. People have traveled hundreds of miles to support a team who just capitulated. 

37 minutes ago, wembley93 said:

Totally agree with you, I think its just frustration, its a game we all know we should have won.