scouting failures

6 successes out of 10 would be a pretty good ratio .....I don't know how much the squad cost to put together but I reckon we'd be well in profit if we sold westwood .lees.FF. bannan,lee......if hutch could pass a medical you'd be looking at somewhere north of  6 million as well .

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

6 successes out of 10 would be a pretty good ratio .....I don't know how much the squad cost to put together but I reckon we'd be well in profit if we sold westwood .lees.FF. bannan,lee......if hutch could pass a medical you'd be looking at somewhere north of  6 million as well .

6 successes out of 10 ain't bad, but as a rule of thumb, the benchmark for the most successful scouts is to achieve 3 successes out of 5!

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Good points, although some of those were pre DC/CC and the criticism was aimed at them. I'd argue that the current ratio is actually higher than 6 out or 10 though because it comes down to this, what are the criteria of failure? It seems to me that for some on here you are a transfer failure if you are a) injured b) signed as a squad player or backup and c) don't set the world on fire after a few games.

Signings

Fessi,,  Positive

Fletcher, Positive

Urby, Don't know

Bannan, Positive

Hooper, Positive

Abdi, I wish I knew.

MacManaman, Not played enough yet

Wallace, Positive

Reach, Positive (ignore the price)

Fox, Too early to say

Joao, 1st year positive, 2nd, not so much

Pudil, Positive, I think he's OK

McGugan, , Negative, don't know why

Hunt, Positive?

Jones, Jury is out

Sasso, Positive, only signed as a back up, does that well

Buckley, negative, been here a while not played enough 

Mattias, Positive, not his fault he's injured, quality. 

Sougou, Negative

Winnall, Too early

My views only, 20 players, 10 positive, 3 only just joined, 3 Jury out, 3 negative, Joao, looked the business, not improving.

I don't know if I've missed anyone other than the Goalkeeper out on loan.

I'm not sure if they were all down to CC because of the committee we had in the early days.

1 hour ago, wednesdayok said:

who is our chief scout at hillsborough these days? only 60% of players signed under his recommendations have been OK .

the rest have been poor. 

Dunno same chief scout that supplied Man Utd with Veron, Taibi, Bebe, Djemba Djemba, etc. probably. 

Can't believe it that every player doesn't turn out be be brilliant.