Brighton Team/Score predictions.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I just happen to think our expansive game is a terrific weapon.

It's early enough in the season to give attack some emphasis.

As you know, I agree.

I think our best artillery is our front six, but we don't give them enough bullets.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I just happen to think our expansive game is a terrific weapon.

It's early enough in the season to give attack some emphasis.

To be honest, if we wanted to surprise them then playing an expansive game would be the last thing they'd expect from us at the moment, very risky though, for me the best team in the division all things considered. As painful as it is to say.

Edited by Morepork

1 minute ago, The Stannington Owl said:

What needs to happen for us to win?

Unfortunately Stannington, although our form is good, I can't see a win for us down there. If they score first they tend to go on and win their matches. Very ruthless and resilient. 

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

To be honest, if we wanted to surprise them then playing an expansive game would be the last thing they'd expect from us at the moment, very risky though, for me the best team in the division.

It is risky. The days have gone when a draw away from home is a good result.

They are a very good team but beatable.

Imo our best game is committing players forward and use our excellent close passing game around their box.

If we lose trying to do that fair enough.

We could just as easily lose playing percentage "away from home", football.

I don't see any reason why we can't go down there and win on Friday night.

They're a good side but then so are we and we are in good form with our best player rediscovering the form which made him so unplayable last season.

We owe these one after their players came to Hillsborough and started giving it the big one earlier in the season.

We won at Newcastle and we can win at Brighton.

Carlos will not change our style of play for this game.. we will use same starting 11as last Saturday to stop them playing and try to get forward when we can. If we are level after 60/70 mins expect us to sub like for like, fresh legs and keep them from scoring, if we are a goal down then might expect CM and Winnall to come on to try and get us back in. Us to score first in a 1-1 draw

2-1 Wednesday, CC i bet picks the same team that beat Huddersfield. winner scored by Winnall as super sub. 

Think we will go 1-0 down first half. Brighton unlike others will

punish our slow start, but missing some key players for them will

mean when we wake up (second half) we will win it.

come on Wednesday 

Guest Copthorneowl
4 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

I really think we can win this let's show Brighton we mean business and that autos are not out of reach and they could slip off the rails.

3-0 WIN

Westwood 

Palmer Lees Loovens Fox/Reach

Mcmanaman Bannan Hutchinson FF

Hooper Winnall

If no hooper than FF alongside Winnall and reach in on the left wing!

Get yourself on the coaching team with that selection like it.

Not sure about the 3-0 think you might have got carried away with that one, but like the sentiment.

33 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Carlos will not change our style of play for this game.. we will use same starting 11as last Saturday to stop them playing and try to get forward when we can. If we are level after 60/70 mins expect us to sub like for like, fresh legs and keep them from scoring, if we are a goal down then might expect CM and Winnall to come on to try and get us back in. Us to score first in a 1-1 draw

sounds about right ......carlos is not one for an expansive gung ho plan at any game so  I don't think he'll  be changing tack away at brighton .

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

If we lose properly trying to go for it, what more can anyone ask?

If we play cagey and lose, then I'll be disappointed.

It's what we all think really, isn't it?

Basically... Go for it.

90% Agree Costy.

Can I please sit with one cheek on the fence. I am in pretty much full agreement however, if we're not ahead with 10 to go would be happy to settle for one point. Brighton score as many late goals as we do probably more and they won't stop trying. 

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

90% Agree Costy.

Can I please sit with one cheek on the fence. I am in pretty much full agreement however, if we're not ahead with 10 to go would be happy to settle for one point. Brighton score as many late goals as we do probably more and they won't stop trying. 

I see what you're saying.

0-0 with ten to go is exactly when we should be going for it though in my opinion.

I'd rather us be caught upfield trying for a winner .

It's the 3 point thing. I think it's worth a gamble.

7 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

90% Agree Costy.

never mind one down with 10 to go i'd take a draw right now for the next 3 games ......

Guest Copthorneowl
6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I see what you're saying.

0-0 with ten to go is exactly when we should be going for it though in my opinion.

I'd rather us be caught upfield trying for a winner .

It's the 3 point thing. I think it's worth a gamble.

Think I'd tend to agree with that sentiment against just about anybody other than Brighton away - very soon we shall see have to say I really don't want us to lose to this lot too close to home for me.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

One win in three sorts that.

if we got one win then i'd be looking at a return of 5 points .......i'm old school ,when you go away you start with a point and if you come away with it then its not a bad result ......if we can get three draws though it puts us in a very strong position for the play offs with only 7 of the last 17 games away from Hillsboro ..

Edited by torryowl

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

never mind one down with 10 to go i'd take a draw right now for the next 3 games ......

Methinks torry that we've got to think win win in the two after Brighton. Both struggling teams and teams that top sides brush aside; although I can see why you say that, we definitely underperform against poor teams don't we? more so at home though

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Methinks torry that we've got to think win win in the two after Brighton. Both struggling teams and teams that top sides brush aside; although I can see why you say that, we definitely underperform against poor teams don't we? more so at home though

theres no easy games and we arnt the best of travellers when it comes to winning away .....