BREAKING: Filipe Melo gone out on loan

33 minutes ago, cookeh said:

McGugan has a terrible attitude and zero workrate. He's not even in training with the first team and hasn't seen Carlos in 6 months.
Abdi will be a starting 11 player once fit.
Melo has been injured long term and needs games, hence he's been loaned out. His contract ends in 2019, so we might see him next season, or can probably be recalled if he does well and Hutch gets injured.

Matias has also been injured, should be back soon tho. The problem for him in competition. Reach, McManaman, Wallace and potentially Nando (not mentioning Sougou and Buckley) all potetion occupants of a wide position. Look good in pre-season and in parts last year.

They all make sense, not much you can do about injuries. The only odd one is McGugan, but he seems to have created that situation himself.

His contract ends in 2018, according to The Star.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Chance for the lad to sharpen up.

If he looks like he might do a job then I'm sure Carlos will have him back.

If not he might impress his hosts and get a permanent deal.

We can't lose either way.

Few times I did see him play I liked what I saw.

Sods law he got injured

Same really.

2 hours ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

what is really shltty on owlstalk at the moment is snidey comments about injured/unfit/out of flavour players. i guarantee abdi, urby and melo would all much prefer to be on the pitch than going to meadowhall everyday or whatever they are doing

Snidey comments? On Owlstalk?

I honestly don't think the majority are snidey comments, it's just that most posters can't understand how we have players on the books for a couple of years and they are permanently injured, OK for some it's 6 months rather than a couple of years but we do have a lot of long term injuries and they do seem to be 2 weeks away for months on end.

I saw a clip of one of last years matches the other day Marco Mattias was playing, it looked really odd. I know he's played 18 times in 18 months but I'd almost forgotten what he looked like on a pitch.