Mcgugan and Reach

Guest domSWFC

I think both of definitely good enough for this level. 

McGugan can be class at this level. But only when he's the star man. Does well, the team strengthens and he stops pulling his weight. Seen it all his career, he needs to be the main man. But he's not good enough to be that here anymore. 

Mcgugan has been unlucky at Wednesday. I think the guy averages a goal every 5 games over his career from midfield yet can't get a look with us when we're crying out for something a bit different.

People have him down as trouble but he was at Forest for 6 years before he left and they wanted him back when he left Watford for us. Doesn't sound like they thought was  trouble. 

If McGugan was good enough to play in the PL he would be gone now as his wages would be peanuts to them. (I've just read that Liverpool want to move Sakho on for £20 million and his current wages are 105 K per week, for example). I think he could do a job for us in this division, however. 

Reach has yet to convince me that he is worth anything like the money we paid out for him (the equivalent in fees for both Hourihane and Lansbury for example, and possibly Winnall as well). He is not a LB that's for sure.

Doubt either of them are good enough for the Prem, but which players at the club are?..not many, in fact I'd go as far as to say Westwood, FF, Hutch...and maybe Lees or Lee

McGugan was the star when he first arrived, now we assume its his "attitude" thats keeping him out, without actually knowing much.

He's not had a chance really has he?, thats why we all presume its his "attitude"..and Carlos gets more right than wrong.

Reach is lumbered with the 5 mill  price tag so we expect so much more, but thats hardly his fault, and its looking likely he's going to become the whipping boy should it all go t*ts

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good enough to be regulars to help secure a promotion?

No, yes.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good enough after that to play Premiership?

No, possibly.

Hope that helps  :)

29 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

Mcgugan has been unlucky at Wednesday. I think the guy averages a goal every 5 games over his career from midfield yet can't get a look with us when we're crying out for something a bit different.

People have him down as trouble but he was at Forest for 6 years before he left and they wanted him back when he left Watford for us. Doesn't sound like they thought was  trouble. 

Now's their chance then

I ain't got a problem with Reach who looks a good buy from where I'm sat. Not sure if he'll make premiership quality only time will tell. As for Mcgugan ok there's lots of guessing and presuming going on so lets judge him on what we've seen. As far as quality's concerned he oozes it. My worries are he never seems to put tje workrate in. On the few occasions we've seen him he wonders in and out the game. When he's in the game he's brilliant when he's not he disappears and there's a lack of chasing back and putting himself about and thats the reason he will never make the prem let alone set the championship on fire. If he had Hutch's workrate he would be a world beater.

Early days for Reach. He has been OK but not spectacular, the amount we paid for him is making some fans expect him to be a world beater immediately when obviously it doesn't always work like that.  Looked decent at times but not set the world on fire. 

McGugan gets better each week he doesn't play in some fans eyes. Was excellent when on loan playing on a ploughed field in a team of poor quality where he was the standout player but doesn't fit in with the team ethos now. It's perhaps no surprise as he seems to have been frozen out at every club he has played for.