Brighton Tactics

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

I have been looking at the potential starting line up of Brighton on Friday, one thing that strikes me is they appear to have a lack of pace.

Murray is likely to be up top with Baldock, neither is very quick. On the wings will be Knockaert and March/Murphy. Again not lightening. I am sure Carlos will have identified this already, do others think this is the main weakness of Brighton? I also think Stockdale their keeper is prone to the odd error.

I guess the main instruction I would want our players to adhere to on Friday is to not give needless free kicks away in and around our box. This is their main strength. Knockaert is good at set pieces direct or crossing and they have Dunk, Murphy and Duffy. To get a result here, we must minimise any set plays around our box.

I also think they have a distinct lack of pace at the back. I know we will set up similarly to the Huddersfield away game, but I think if we played FF and Winnall upfront with a high press and pushed Hutchinson up a bit more as a centre mid and squeeze the space we can win this.

I have read their forums and they fear they are about to start a run of bad results. In my opinion they are not on the same level as Newcastle and we could have beat them a lot more convincingly. Hopefully the playoff revenge they seek may get in their heads.

Team ;

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Hutchinson

Bannan

Mcmannaman

FF

Winnall.

Edited by RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

It would be a very dangerous counter attacking team. Also would feel more comfortable with Reach tracking Knockaert than Pudil at the moment.

Setting myself up for a big nobbhead sticker. But their style of play at home should suit perfect with our away shape. I cannot see us losing even if we play preston style we will still have chances. If we play well we could do em comfortably. Stifle them for the first 20mins, let them have the ball...they won't be going anywhere (like we do at home sometimes :ph34r:)

We will nick one with only 30% possession then get another on the break....then a stroll in the park

10 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

I have been looking at the potential starting line up of Brighton on Friday, one thing that strikes me is they appear to have a lack of pace.

Murray is likely to be up top with Baldock, neither is very quick. On the wings will be Knockaert and March/Murphy. Again not lightening. I am sure Carlos will have identified this already, do others think this is the main weakness of Brighton? I also think Stockdale their keeper is prone to the odd error.

I guess the main instruction I would want our players to adhere to on Friday is to not give needless free kicks away in and around our box. This is their main strength. Knockaert is good at set pieces direct or crossing and they have Dunk, Murphy and Duffy. To get a result here, we must minimise any set plays around our box.

I also think they have a distinct lack of pace at the back. I know we will set up similarly to the Huddersfield away game, but I think if we played FF and Winnall upfront with a high press and pushed Hutchinson up a bit more as a centre mid and squeeze the space we can win this.

I have read their forums and they fear they are about to start a run of bad results. In my opinion they are not on the same level as Newcastle and we could have beat them a lot more convincingly. Hopefully the playoff revenge they seek may get in their heads.

Team ;

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Hutchinson

Bannan

Mcmannaman

FF

Winnall.

There Dangerous from set pieces so let's field the smallest fastest team we can and catch them on the counter?? It will be a tough one and I wouldn't have a weeing clue maybe drop Wallace and go with the following.

.              Westwood

Palmer  Lees Loovens Reach

.       Hutch.        Bannan 

Macca                             FF

.          Fletch    Winnall 

maybe even play the strikers as a 1n1 rather than a 2

Edited by CS5swfc