Brighton fan's view of Friday

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Was one of the craziest games I've ever seen.

Brighton's game plan crumbled on 25 minutes, after Hutch came on I think. Before that it was like Rawke's Drift.

:biggrin:

Well I've just read up on Rawkes Drift and it seems like a pretty fair comparison.

Not sure why he mentions Sky creaming themselves over Wednesday, this is the same bunch who got into a big flap about how we robbed Brighton last season and how the play offs need scrapping because we were 15 points behind and it's not fair.

Also when we beat Newcastle we barely even got mentioned, it was all about where things had gone wrong for Newcastle and what the reaction from Newcastle would be like.

I blame Beagrie

21 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

This is a Yorkshire Derby, but one team is comfortably bottom of the table. 

This isnt Arsenal/Spurs, Utd/City, Ipswich/Norwich or Weds/Leeds where the difference between the teams is little. 

We was playing local rivals who are stuck to the bottom and it could have been 1-0 to them. 

Form goes out of the window for local derby games - it's Rotherham's cup final and they usually turn up to Hillsborough and do a number on us. It was our first league win over Rotherham at Hillsborough since 1981.

Wednesday won 1-0, that's all that matters.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Other than that one opening post, their views are very balanced.

They don't seem to be on fire and neither are we.

However we seem to be capable of raising our game against the good sides of late.

All we have to do is be organised and we do that well. The onus is not on us to attack, which suits us too. We can exploit the space they leave.

We seem to struggle against the teams that sit in. Brighton certainly won't be doing that.

Depends what you call being on fire - 2nd place in the form table over the last 9 matches suggests we are?

They've actually got 3 different threads about us. They do seem to be the same as us in terms of the team not playing at their best but picking up points.

They've been missing Kayal all season but he's set to return against us. So are Stephens & Dunk who missed Preston.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Yeah I had the 'benefit' of watching on tv so managed to calm down a bit in the second half. Wouldn't mind watching it again actually.

Me too. I couldn't believe our team, which had played so well to get into the playoffs, could get steamrollered like we did in that first 30 minutes. I've never seen anything like it. That single counter attack by Fessi and Hooper was something special though.

1 hour ago, AMB1867 said:

It was a Yorkshire Derby, but one team was comfortably bottom of the table. 

It wasn't Arsenal/Spurs, Utd/City, Ipswich/Norwich or Weds/Leeds where the difference between the teams is little. 

We were playing local rivals who were stuck to the bottom and it could have been 1-0 to them. 

It wasn't though was it, so stop crying about it. We got three points. Everyone knew Rovrum would come and make life as difficult as they could. 

Enough about the past and looking for negatives, it never got anyone anywhere.

As said, the pressures on Brighton and we tend to play very well as the underdog so let's 'ave it!! UTO

Never felt more anxious in my life as I did in that second leg.

Bloke at the side of me had a stopwatch counting down the added on minutes. Everyone around him kept asking every second how long was left. Never ending

I mean it was amazing at the end, but easily the least enjoyable game I have been to (and I went to Stevenage away)

40 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Me too. I couldn't believe our team, which had played so well to get into the playoffs, could get steamrollered like we did in that first 30 minutes. I've never seen anything like it. That single counter attack by Fessi and Hooper was something special though.

Reminded me of the Blackburn cup semi game , except we did score three or four in the first half hour. 

Our team will be this (give or take):

Stockdale

Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong

Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-March

Murray-Baldock

I'm personally feeling a bit apprehensive, other than earlier this season we never beat you guys. Should be a good tense game, we've pretty much got our best eleven fit for this one so no excuses. All the best.

3 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

All the pressure on Brighton ,  they had a good 20 mins in the second leg but we could quite easily have finished that first half 2-1 up without a great save from their keeper. 

I would take a draw as it's a point gained away from home and Brighton drop two points at home. 

We should've been 4-0 down because they eventually scored! They were gone after our flukey goal.

I do agree that all the pressure is on Brighton. If we play like we did at Newcastle, we've got every chance. It could suit us going there with little pressure, if any, to get a result.

Despite all the micky taking between us over the last couple of years, I think reality is is that there's a lot of respect and fear between the two sides for the other. Think many of us on here consider them to be the best side in the league this year, and I think many of them know how far we've come in a short space of time and that in reality we're very close to being able to match them. 

They definitely wouldn't fancy another play-off battle with us, that's for sure lol