Brighton fan's view of Friday

Other than that one opening post, their views are very balanced.

They don't seem to be on fire and neither are we.

However we seem to be capable of raising our game against the good sides of late.

All we have to do is be organised and we do that well. The onus is not on us to attack, which suits us too. We can exploit the space they leave.

We seem to struggle against the teams that sit in. Brighton certainly won't be doing that.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Other than that one opening post, their views are very balanced.

They don't seem to be on fire and neither are we.

However we seem to be capable of raising our game against the good sides of late.

All we have to do is be organised and we do that well. The onus is not on us to attack, which suits us too. We can exploit the space they leave.

We seem to struggle against the teams that sit in. Brighton certainly won't be doing that.

How many more points would we have gained in the last 10 games if we had been on fire?

All the pressure on Brighton ,  they had a good 20 mins in the second leg but we could quite easily have finished that first half 2-1 up without a great save from their keeper. 

I would take a draw as it's a point gained away from home and Brighton drop two points at home. 

1 minute ago, AMB1867 said:

Whilst if they watched us against Rotherham, they'll be laughing their nuts off. 

Actually, they'll be intelligent enough to know local derby games are usually exactly how the Rotherham game panned out - a close, hard fought, not-so-pretty encounter with one goal winning it. In those games, the important thing is you win - and we did.

Just now, elyowl1 said:

All the pressure on Brighton ,  they had a good 80 mins in the second leg but we could quite easily have finished that first half 2-1 up without a great save from their keeper. 

I would take a draw as it's a point gained away from home and Brighton drop two points at home. 

Fixed it for you . They have well and truly deserved it although to be fair i was on the front row behind the goal so couldnt really see anything! . I would take a draw , who wouldnt if they are honest . having said that there is no reason why we cant sneak it if we play like we did second half on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Fixed it for you . They have well and truly deserved it although to be fair i was on the front row behind the goal so couldnt really see anything! . I would take a draw , who wouldnt if they are honest . having said that there is no reason why we cant sneak it if we play like we did second half on Saturday. 

Don't remember them doing much at all in the second half. As soon as Hutchinson made tthat tackle early on it was pretty comfortable. 

Never been so relieved to get to half time though.

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Didn't need fixing , they played well for 20 mins and yes could have been four up , but they didn't luckily for us. The second half was a closer affair but I never felt they would go on to win as they had run out of steam 

Just now, Sonny said:

Don't remember them doing much at all in the second half. As soon as Hutchinson made tthat tackle early on it was pretty comfortable. 

Was one of the craziest games I've ever seen.

Brighton's game plan crumbled on 25 minutes, after Hutch came on I think. Before that it was like Rawke's Drift.

Just now, Sonny said:

If I am going to be honest a combination of being behind the goal, having a couple of pre match sherbets and completely bricking it throughout the first 45 means im probably not the best to give an accurate reflection. Great day though, if those going down friday enjoy it half as much as I did, it be will be money well spent 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

If I am going to be honest a combination of being behind the goal, having a couple of pre match sherbets and completely bricking it throughout the first 45 means im probably not the best to give an accurate reflection. Great day though, if those going down friday enjoy it half as much as I did, it be will be money well spent 

Yeah I had the 'benefit' of watching on tv so managed to calm down a bit in the second half. Wouldn't mind watching it again actually.

21 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

All the pressure on Brighton ,  they had a good 20 mins in the second leg but we could quite easily have finished that first half 2-1 up without a great save from their keeper. 

They absolutely battered us to the moon and back first half, seldom seen anything like it :duntmatter:

Agree though, pressure is more on them not to slip up on Fri. We go there knowing our fans would be pretty satisfied with a point.

Edited by Mr. Tom