Training ground

5 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Slightly off subject. But, I was thinking the other day about an S W F C Tv channel the other day. for£10 a month for example I think it would be a cracking idea. Behind the scenes in training, exclusive player interviews and extended match highlights. 

Some me of the players are good characters and would be interesting to see the jovial behaviour that goes on etc.

fill the gaps with old highlights etc.

does anyone know more about this than me? Would it be feasible, what sort of licensing would we need etc

5 hours ago, station road owl said:

Give DC time I think this will happen. Would love it to have an option of love away games if we sold all our allocation 

Would have to be in Prem to do this. At the moment we are stuck with the poo Player Footballl League deal

8 hours ago, station road owl said:

Might take the lad Down in a few week. 

He keeps asking to meet a few players. 

Cheers guys

If you stay behind after one of the home matches the players are always accommodating with posing for pics and giving autographs.  Done it a couple of times this season with my lad.

Best was after the Villa game got talking to Bannans parents and told them their Baz was my lads favourite player and his Mum went in and fetched him to meet Fin and have pics.  Lovely people.

Was planning on watching under 23s against Forest during this long spell of away games , listed on club website as Sat 6th Feb 13.00.

Now realise Sat is 4th and Mon is 6th , obvious error. Anyone ITK know the actual date , don't fancy ringing the club as always have a farce getting through.

6 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Similar story.

I used to ring my mate up on an avocado telephone which had a cable attached to the wall and a rotating disc with finger holes to dial the numbers.

Next thing I was on the 215 from Dinnington and he'd get on at Swallownest.

Half an hour later we'd get off at the old Pond St. bus station and walk past the Minerva restaurant and down to the bus stop outside the old ABC cinema and Alfredos barbers to catch the no.82 bus to Middlewood Rd.

20mins later we'd be perusing the wonderful old Owls shop behind the South stand after catching a glimpse of Maurice Setters and Tony Toms. I bought a nice little autograph book that particular day.

Then we'd head down for egg and chips in the Four Lanes cafe hoping to bump into TC (Terry Curran) who was my first hero.

After we'd finished we skipped to the training ground which was easily accessible to the public and sat down for at least an hour watching TC and a season or two later on Gary Bannister play keepy up.

After they'd finished and went in to shower we would wait in the car park for them to sign my book.

I remember one time I had a picture of Peter Shirtliff in the old Match magazine (could have been Shoot) which I had open for him to sign. As he did so I can still see Gordon Owen looking at the photo of Shirty and saying "you're getting stuck in there pal"

A few years later when Wilkinson became manager he put a stop to the public being able to walk in as there was a wall/barrier built.

Was gutted!

Probably a bit of a boring story for you lot but the memories make me feel as nostalgic as hell.

I still get the same fuzzy feeling at 48 years of age as we park in the petrol station and walk down the Lepp before taking our seats in the North.

hope you got caught by School Bobby Paul - good story/memories tho mate

When I was a kid, I used to bike down to Owlerton speedway and dog track. Would see springett Kay quixall fantham swan and our other England stars train.  No security at all.  Then the players would walk back to Hillsboro for a shower.  That lazy sod Tony Kay once took my bike off me and pedalled back, leaving me to walk a mile.  

How times have changed.  

The reserves used to pull in 5 or 10,000.  As a senior I can watch scunny reserves for £1.   Only done it once. Saw Huddersfield reserves win 4-1 at glanford park. Seem to think a young Jordan Rhodes played. I'd never heard of him.