2 of our targets going, going, g......

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

The problem at Villa is a team spirit one in my opinion. Sitting 13th is very underwhelming for them. If this is true then they need to hit the ground running to catch the pack (all signings need to and when did that happen ever in a club) They are 10pts away from us and 20 from top spot. In this league that's like saying the moon is a walkable distance. 

If if it's a building long term job fine but I think it's over this year unless serious results knock down one of the top 6. 

Put it this way, if Villa win 10 games on the spin and we replicate our form from the last 10 games, they'll still be behind us! And let's face it, Villa ain't going to win 10 on the bounce - with or without those 3 players!

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Article in their local press a couple of weeks ago had Bruce saying he had been told to offload first before recruiting. They've only offloaded Gestede as far as I know.

I Woudn't mind betting Mccormack will be next, he doesn't seem to be Bruce's kind of player & only started Saturday coz Kodja has gone to African cup, could be Rhodes in - McCormack out perhaps ??

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Put it this way, if Villa win 10 games on the spin and we replicate our form from the last 10 games, they'll still be behind us! And let's face it, Villa ain't going to win 10 on the bounce - with or without those 3 players!

Absolutely - bus has left (not our bus a physical one) if true a massive threat next season but they need to gel as a unit. 

How many clubs spend big and nothing happens. 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

wish we would swallow our pride and just play Lewis. Save a ton of money too

Why? 

For goodness sake we've lost 1 of our last 10 games. 

Why in the flying fig are you pining for a guy who has contributed the sweet sum of f all and has by all accounts a terrible attitude? 

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Why? 

Why in the flying fig are you pining for a guy who has contributed the sweet sum of f all and has by all accounts a terrible attitude? 

McGugan is a good player but would be like a fish out of water in our team now. He has to go.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why? 

i mean instead of spending a few million on another midfielder.

I have no idea how good that Hourianne is from Barnsley, especially for several million and a large salary. Just not sure we need him as our form that you pointed out shows

Just now, Triple O said:

McGugan is a good player but would be like a fish out of water in our team now. He has to go.

Exactly. 

No one disputes his talent, but he's way, way down the pecking order and deservedly so. 

He wasn't even a peripheral figure in our success last season. 

Time for him to move on. 

Just now, wednesdaywizard said:

McGugan doesn't work hard enough off the ball to keep up our tempo.  We WOULD be worse if he played.

Why are we talking about McGugan?

God knows. 

Let's get back to talking about Agent Dave. 

All these contradictory narcissists are out in force it seems - roll on the Bristol City game and the end of this damn window lol

The words I always love are "Reported", I don't see ANY reports in valuable and trustworthy media to state a fee of £10m "Reported"... absolute cobblers the lot of them!

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Absolutely - bus has left (not our bus a physical one) if true a massive threat next season but they need to gel as a unit. 

How many clubs spend big and nothing happens. 

Definitely, Villa need at least half a dozen teams to drop like flies to have any chance of the play-offs this year. But, if Bruce stays and they can shift some high-earning deadwood on and recruit the type of players "Agent Dave" is posting, then they have every chance next year.

Wonder how minted the Villa owner actually is and what he's prepared to spend - their current wage bill must more than eat up the parachute money they get, so he's going to have to invest some serious money at least in the short term.

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Wonder how minted the Villa owner actually is and what he's prepared to spend - their current wage bill must more than eat up the parachute money they get, so he's going to have to invest some serious money at least in the short term.

According to this article: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-dr-tony-12027537

A personal wealth of approx £550m

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Definitely, Villa need at least half a dozen teams to drop like flies to have any chance of the play-offs this year. But, if Bruce stays and they can shift some high-earning deadwood on and recruit the type of players "Agent Dave" is posting, then they have every chance next year.

Not just invest but balance the books also. I remember last year pundits saying they are not good enough to stay in the champ the way they were playing. 

It all comes down to the unit and the fan base getting behind it also. It's ok brining in new people every window but sometimes you need to let the team gel. Competition for places in great in the squad but big money spent means the players without huge price tags lose any form they had by not playing. 

Its a mess really but not ours to get concerned about. Let them spend it but it's panic buying this year - plus interested to see how many players stick with them if mid table is what they are looking at