Future Wednesday Player!

Yes the little forward is good. But the team play in Birmingham and he's a proper little blue nose! He got a hat trick in the game. 

Luke laid up two goals and scored a cracker himself. He's also a natural athlete. He represented his school in the county athletics finals in Warwickshire winning the 400m by 30m! Also winning the high jump! 

Under 10s so year 5 at school is same age as my lad. Some nice play on show there, number 9 and your lad look decent. 

Bit of a dilemma for my lad at the moment. United have scouted him and he's going to their talent spotting sessions for the next 5 weeks. Did a session last week which was matches against a team a year older. I thought There'd be a step up that he'd struggle with but he acquitted himself well. Will be good to see an actual training session tonight, see what it's like. I'm going to contact Wednesday to see if they do a similar thing but there's nowt on website etc. 

44 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Yes the little forward is good. But the team play in Birmingham and he's a proper little blue nose! He got a hat trick in the game. 

Luke laid up two goals and scored a cracker himself. He's also a natural athlete. He represented his school in the county athletics finals in Warwickshire winning the 400m by 30m! Also winning the high jump! 

That's all well and good but can he play cricket? lol

10 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Under 10s so year 5 at school is same age as my lad. Some nice play on show there, number 9 and your lad look decent. 

Bit of a dilemma for my lad at the moment. United have scouted him and he's going to their talent spotting sessions for the next 5 weeks. Did a session last week which was matches against a team a year older. I thought There'd be a step up that he'd struggle with but he acquitted himself well. Will be good to see an actual training session tonight, see what it's like. I'm going to contact Wednesday to see if they do a similar thing but there's nowt on website etc. 

You should phone the club up and tell them the situation, you never know they might take pity on him.

Yeah they train them to pass the ball and play with their heads up. 

Luke is constantly told to run at the opposition down the flanks. He's quicker than every other player without the ball even with it he's faster than most are without it! 

Its predicted he's going to be 6ft 4 based on his current height at his age and height of his mother and myself. 

14 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Luke's team had a friendly against Wolves academy a couple of weeks back up in Wolverhampton. 

Unfirtunately Luke didn't go as he'd been off school all week with a bad case of Tonsillitis on anti biotics. 

The team got thrashed 6-1. Luke wouldn't have been the difference between that score and getting a result but he may have been spotted. 

8 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

All about the number 9 lad innit.

I think you need to throw a football your lads head and every time he turns his back you throw a raw potato at him.

That's what I did to my lad apart from I threw a lump of granite at him.

He doesn't turn his back anymore lol

Like some twisted version of the wrench throwing lunatic on Dodgeball

Was your aim to encourage him to learn about the dangers of turning his back, or to see if he would actually head the granite?

Either

Yeah I'll be getting hold of someone about him at some point. He had a look of horror on his face last week when he had to put a united shirt on. 

A few years ago he went to some elite development stuff at Wednesday but he's quite a nervy kid and didn't enjoy it. If he's good enough it'll work out, he's only 10.