Out of contract in the summer

All these are out of contract at the end of the season so I would imagine we can free us some wages and get some dead wood off the books.

Lachman

Dielna

Sasso

Semedo

Wallace

Sougou 

McManaman and Buckley back to their parent clubs.

I'd give Wallace another year if we dont go up and i'd try for McManaman on a permanent but the rest have to go for me.

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

All these are out of contract at the end of the season so I would imagine we can free us some wages and get some dead wood off the books.

Lachman

Dielna

Sasso

Semedo

Wallace

Sougou 

McManaman and Buckley back to their parent clubs.

I'd give Wallace another year if we dont go up and i'd try for McManaman on a permanent but the rest have to go for me.

Wallace 1 year as back up. Depending on how he does, provisionally id want to keep Mcmanaman. Sasso is decent back up. The rest I will happily drive them to their next club ! 

Guest RocketOwl

I thought Wallace signed a new 2 year deal in the summer?

He is the only one you'd want to keep from the players we own.

Sougou was a baffling signing, I doubt he would get in many League 1 or 2 teams.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Sougou was a baffling signing, I doubt he would get in many League 1 or 2 teams.

Wallace signed a 1 year extension last summer. It was Nuhiu that got a 2 year extension which absolutely baffled me and still does.

Just now, adifferentgame said:

If Semedo isn't offered an extension, I'd love to see him join the coaching staff. Absolute legend who bleeds blue and white.

Total lack of ambition from him. He should have left last summer, could still play at league 1 level. But chose to sit here at Wednesday and take the money.

Not the sort of player we need anymore.

35 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

There have been, and still continue to be, signings that leave most fans baffled. I guess, when Sougou was signed, we had very little width, and certainly no pace. He was cheap, and had decent pedigree, so there was some logic in the signing

Just now, RocketOwl said:

Sougou was a baffling signing, but last season he did score 2 goals for us in a total of 396 minutes in the league, and bagged another in a Cup game

Not too shabby

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, owlandished said:

Sougou was a baffling signing, but last season he did score 2 goals for us in a total of 396 minutes in the league, and bagged another in a Cup game

Not too shabby

Even Sidibie scored a goal once.

34 minutes ago, owlandished said:

Not too shabby

Certainly a better record than our big money replacement

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, owlandished said:

Sougou got triple that

I watched Sougou twice once away at Leeds and one away at MK Dons.

In both games he looked like he had never played football before. Carlos must share this view with his lack of game time.

We all have mates that cannot play football, but there is still a chance they could score a goal in a sunday league game. Doesn't make them any good.

6 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Total lack of ambition from him. He should have left last summer, could still play at league 1 level. But chose to sit here at Wednesday and take the money.

Not the sort of player we need anymore.

I think that's a huge disservice to the man. His contributions behind the scenes are lauded by staff and players alike, including Carlos.

What's more ambitious? A swansong season in the pub league or being part of creating something special at the club you've run through walls for?

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we should move all them on.

If Semedo wants to get into coaching and has done the necessary courses then ok if we have a position open with the academy then no problem with him filling it but don't understand people wanting him kept on because he is a club 'legend'. 

Cart before horse. He's a legend for the same reasons he's worth keeping at the club - especially if, as suggested by his manager (head coach, whatever) he's a hugely influential figure in terms of motivation and team spirit.

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we should move all them on.

If Semedo wants to get into coaching and has done the necessary courses then ok if we have a position open with the academy then no problem with him filling it but don't understand people wanting him kept on because he is a club 'legend'. 

Shame Semedo love for the club seems to have prematurely ended his career at quite an early age.