Loovens / Lees

9 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'll be honest, I thought Loovens was going to be off the pace this season and was approaching the "twilight" period of his career....

....I have been proven very wrong.

You're not the only one - Loovens always seems to be the one that we need an upgrade on every transfer window. It baffles me, it really does. He's a Rolls Royce of footballer. I wouldn't swap him for anyone in our division.

You can tell the players love him too. He's the best captain we've had for ages. Gets all the players going to yoga with him and I'm sure it was him that organised the Amsterdam trip at Christmas. Top Pro.

On the partnership, they are phenomenal together. They complement each other so well and they bring the best out of each other. 

10 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'll be honest, I thought Loovens was going to be off the pace this season and was approaching the "twilight" period of his career....

Thought that myself and felt that we could improve in that area but Loovens has been fantastic and the partnership with Lees is as good as

any we have had.

I remember when Nigel Pearson was moved on because people wanted better, and we could never seem to find a decent partner for Walker or

anyone with the same leadership qualities.

35 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I have to admit...i am in the category as well. Loovens has been solid as a rock for a while now. He just seems to bring the best out of Lees...great CB pairing.

Am i the only one worried about the lack of cover in this position though? If one gets injured it will mean Hutch will probably drop back into this position but this will affect our midfield presence! 

There obviously needs to be some succession planning, I'm sure that is being talked about, as our current CD cover (Sasso, Hutch, Pudil, Semedo?) is not a long term plan - but I wouldn't be surprised if we extend his contract by a year this summer unless we get promoted, and maybe even then. His experience and intelligence has been key to the last 2.5 seasons.

westwood (cost=free)

loovens (cost=free)                               lees (cost=free)

hutchinson (cost=free)

combined net value = invaluable

take a bow sheffield wednesday, that is incredible business

8 minutes ago, nile said:

westwood (cost=free)

loovens (cost=free)                               lees (cost=free)

hutchinson (cost=free)

combined net value = invaluable

take a bow sheffield wednesday, that is incredible business

Posting that you'll now get some FUDder posting a list of the costs of the players that don't appear in the first team, through injury/abjection.