Best goal? No way

19 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

Just watched highlights of the game yesterday. Commentator reckons it was best goal scored by Wallace for Wednesday, I think his best goal was v Brighton in play off (the flukey one) 2nd leg, it took the wind from they're momentum and got us through 

rounduns it was last time we saw matias!!!! Best goal ever! Well for some time lol

5 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Andy carrolls yesterday was one of best goals I've ever seen

watched it 30 times

It reminded me of Rooney's overhead against City a few years back, except Carroll actually connected with the ball exactly as he intended and Rooney fluked it in off his shin pad.

Rooney's was obviously still a bit of a spectacle, especially considering the occasion, but I don't think I'll ever agree with it being lauded as a great goal (goal of the season that year even?) when he effectively mis-kicked it in.

I like Wallace ,why he cops so much flak i'll never know.....he never hides when he's not playing well  ,never stops trying , he tracks back,he can deliver a good dead ball ,he's got a good dig on him ,he's seen off a few pretenders  and would  always be in my side .

15 hours ago, wednesdayok said:

Just watched highlights of the game yesterday. Commentator reckons it was best goal scored by Wallace for Wednesday, I think his best goal was v Brighton in play off (the flukey one) 2nd leg, it took the wind from they're momentum and got us through 

I think most people judge a goal on its technique and skill...

Pretty sure they are basing 'best' on the technique and skill. Pundits don't tend to base best goals on what they mean to the club.

Think if you asked man utd fans what the best man u goal was on technical level it'd probably be something like Rooneys overhead kick against man city. Best goal in terms of importance though would no doubt be solskjaer in the CL final